94 jetta gl

well i traded my truck for this beast its a 94 jetta gl auto (poopy, first things first is a tranny swap) nothin done 2 it rite now just rims savin money to start the work on it and a poopy exhaust. so theres my sorta started project if u wanna say that. if neone knows nething bout v-dubs or what i could do PLEASEEE lemme know.

What’s your plans for the car and most importantly your budget? You can do a cross flow turbo kit on it and make some decent power out of the motor. Have you thought about swapping a VR6 and doing a 5 lug conversion yet?

havent tought of the vr6 swap or the 5 lug conv right now i wanna focus more on the motor than the looks but i know its a jetta lol

sell it, save some money, buy a 1.8t.

on a side note, is this car teal with a primer trunk or hood?

:confused :wtf

Last time I checked a VR6 and 5 lug conversion were a motor upgrade and not a cosmetic upgrade…

yea its teal with primer on the pass side fender y? ya i wasnt thinkin when i said that i acctually looked at 5 lug conv after u said that i sorta had like a brain fart my bad

ahh i remember seeing this car… you were walking around with a turbocharger in your hands at the wendies lot. i have the old black VW GLI if you rember

the vr is a wicked easy swap in the mk3 chassis. i’d do it. really love my vr. ;D

Not the same kid but i know who your talking about lol…the black kid with a mohawk :crackup

ya i just got the car last week lol

Lol and steves not blck with a mohawk… but would be funny to see with a mohawk.

hey i have had a mohawk but yea not me bro but if theres nethin i can do to the motor in it now so i can save for the vr6 swap lemme know guys

if you want to save for a vr6 then don’t spend anything on the current engine.

well it may look like the motor swaps comin sooner than expected might have blown up the motor today or tranny. hopefully just the tranny if is just tranny im keepin the 2.0 in it and building that

wow man, so quick after getting it. Sorry to hear. Keep us posted

The money you’ll spend on the 2.0 to make any sort of extra power will get you a VR swap.

What were your plans for it exactly? Throwing a cam in that motor is relatively easily given you have the right tools and some wrenching experience. In all honesty though I wouldn’t bother wasting my time with it if your considering a VR6.

ya tell me bout it… i was just gonna build up the 2.0 and turbo it but idk if i wanna now considering the vr. idk yet i gotta find out wtf is wrong with it rite now wont shift outta 1st and the tach wont work if neone knows im pretty sure its the tranny and the oil lights on if neone know wtf is goin on lemme know please thanx guys

Are you getting oil pressure? Car making any noise?

Cross flow turbo kits can make ok numbers with a decent tune. Check out a BBM kit for it.

swap a TDI in it. power and economy.

:+1