The New Whip (VR6 content)

wow this is amazing. go on vortex and look at the faq thread and learn about your car before you post stupid questions. and yes there is no such thing as a k03 sport which i think is the first time ever i’ve agreed with mk4 30r. and hmmm what size turbo could he have. I DONT KNOW MAYBE A 30R. that would always MAKE SENSE. and no i’m not actually yelling since i lost my voice 2 days ago but on the interwebs i can be loud so i must.

yetti I have no voice so dont get loud with me

From what I have read on the vortex, and the people i have talked to on there they say the 24V is the most reliable when it comes to the motors compared to the 1.8t and the 12v VR6. They havent had any major issues like sludge or anything like that like the 1.8ts had, and the only real problem that I know of on the 12V was the chains, which has not been a problem on the 24v at all. Im just going by what they are telling me, you know more about VWs than me so anything you say i also take into consideration. What common problems do you know of in the 24V?

honestly there havent been any. the 24v is a better designed motor. if i could i would love to have a 24v over my 12v but its just not gonna happen. so dont worry about reliability of your car it should be very good.

just keep up on maintenance. and like any VW/Audi with a COP setup, you might get a failed ignition coil here and there. my buddy has an 03 gli, and at like 70k he had to change 3 ignition coils and the coolant temp sensor. but they have the normal VW issues too. as far as 1.8t reliability. my car has been rock solid. i havent had any of the issues people experience with the 1.8t.

yeah thats good man. After i got rid of my last MKII i havent really been into VWs at all because my Toyotas have been amazing cars. Im not really educated at all on anything newer than a MKIII. I always wanted a VR6 though. This car is fun to drive.

its not the motor that goes with these VR6’s its the little shit. the sensors, the coolant pipes, the bearings in certain things, the coilpacks ect.

I havn’t had any issues but the thermostat.

Bret, where is that on my car? I need to change itttt.

Pete needs to do my timing belt/water pump!!

VW=I don’t even fucking know.

they sound awesome. the 24v with an catback/intake is pure pleasure to the ears

thermostat is front lower passenger side of the block.

good luck with the timing belt, i refuse to do transverse timing belts.

Pete? i wouldnt let him look at my car let alone work on it

:+1

i don’t think he’s talkin about me hotrod.

fn skanks is who he is talking about.

the name is Mr. Hotrod to u

You tell em hot rod