The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

I just picked up another Romanian WASR-10/ AK-47 variant. At $499, with 2 mags, I just might buy myself another one of these. I’m finishing the furniture on one of them now. Once I get it back together I’ll post some pics :slight_smile:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/CJRando/Pair_AK47.jpg

Very nice. That’s one thing id change if I end up keeping mine. Wood stock.

Thanks. I prefer the wood. I like the classic look to the rifle. The only thing I don’t care for, is the cheap pistol grips, that are put on them. Here’s a close up of the stock, which I just finished:

Hey Steve I know you’re watching this thread. Post up that beautiful rifle I just built you so I can see it again plz. :excited

Just sold my Kel-Tec today after having it up for sale for 14 minutes.

Also, anyone interested in buying a top-quality DSA FAL?

Uploaded with Snapbucket - See this image on Photobucket.
Starting my ar15 build, I think I’m going to go in the direction of a tan m4 style I bought a stripped mega lower tonight and a dpms parts kit

Let me know if you need help putting the lower together. I got a bunch of punches and such that make it a ton easier.

Also, I recently picked up a couple of things that I got in trade for other stuff.

One’s a complete pre-ban Olympic AR lower.
One’s a Century FAL that I’ll be getting rid of soon.
One’s a complete AR 5.7x28 upper which I already sold.
And this:

An Inland (General Motors) M1 Carbine from 1942.

Between u and Adam I’d love some help and pointers and advice on what to get next and how things go together! Oh and I hear jvg isent all that shabby with ar’s

Chris do u have any uppers laying around?

I’d say just get the lower complete, then find an upper and piece it together.

I don’t have any spare uppers at the moment.

The first thing you gotta decide is what exactly you want to do with the rifle.
Do you want to hunt (can only hunt what NY considers varmints, such as coyotes, rabbit, etc w/ .223/5.56, can’t hunt anything bigger)?
Do you want to have an extremely accurate target gun?
Do you want it to be light? Heavy?
What’s your budget?
Are you looking to mount a foregrip, light, optics, whatever on it?

Target practice is what I’m looking for, not really looking to hunt, I do want it to be a accurate gun weight dosent matter, I do want a rail system to mount a sight and flashlight on

Because you mentioned the flashlight, I assume it’d be a sort of “tactical” build, so you’ll want to keep weight in mind. What’s your budget? PM me if you don’t want to say publicly. I can send you links to all the parts you’d need for an upper from businesses that offer great prices and services.

I’d like to keep it under 1000 $ and yea tactical is the route I’d like to go, I really like the look and all the different attachments that can be had I guess

Ok. $1,000 is a good budget for an upper receiver assembly.

Mega upper receiver: Rainier Arms - Pursue Your Passion $135

I’m only recommending that specifically because it should match the Mega lower you have well. The price isn’t bad.

WMD NiB bolt carrier group: WMD Guns Nickel Boron X Bolt Carrier Group $200

I recommend Nickel Boron (NiB) coated BCGs because they require a LOT less lubricant (they’re mostly self-lubricating) and are stupidly easy to clean.

Rainier Arms match grade barrel: Rainier Arms - Pursue Your Passion $250

.223 Wylde is compromise between accuracy and strength I guess you can say. It can withstand the higher pressures of 5.56 ammunition, but also will be more accurate with both .223 and 5.56 ammunition compared to a 5.56 barrel. I recommend 16" length as it’s a good compromise of accuracy/velocity/weight/maneuverability.

Seekins low-pro gas block: Rainier Arms - Pursue Your Passion

It’s adjustable (which you prolly will never need anyways), and it’s a low profile block so it’ll fit under a hand guard if you wanted one that’s a little longer than 9".

Hand guard is a lot of personal preference. What I like may not be what you like. For example, I like hand guards to go over the gas block, and allow a longer sight radius which allows for more accurate shooting when using iron sights. I also hate quad rails since it’s extra weight to accommodate mounting whatever you want. I like these modular types because you 100% have a top rail, and then you can put a small rail on the sides and/or bottom to mount a foregrip, flashlight, etc… This one would be great (for me, at least): Rainier Arms - Pursue Your Passion $150.

Rainier Arms mini-compensator: Rainier Arms - Pursue Your Passion $50
It’s small, and I know JVG’s used it before and I’m pretty sure he liked it’s recoil suppression. It’s not a flash hider from what I can tell, so it’s legal in NYS. Have Adam pin/weld it to your barrel and you’ll be good to go.

Standard arrel nut - Rainier Arms - Pursue Your Passion $10

Total I listed so far is $795. The rest of the parts will run you way less than $205 easily.

Aside from the parts I listed, you’ll also need:
Gas tube - Needs to be mid-length - $15
Gas tube roll pin - $3
Charging handle -$20 for a standard, no-frills version.
Sights - I recommend Magpul MBUS as they’re cheap and work great. - $90

I don’t think I’m missing any parts. Everything I listed will get you a great shooting, balanced upper.

I honestly think my next hunt is gonna be for a ar10 . I’m loving the big bore rifles , wanna scoop up a 30-06 and 308 rifle as well gonna go back hunting again . I miss it lol nice quiet alone time .

That’s awesome! Thanks man, so I was looking at the dpms lower parts and noticed that they sold me a 308 kit! Which won’t work (correct me if I’m wrong) what do you recommend for a parts kit?

I have a nice 30-06 for sale sir

Fuck! I just bought a DPMS .308 LPK. I could’ve bought yours off of you!

For the most part, the .308 LPK will work except for a few parts in the kit, such as take down pins and one or two other pieces if I recall. Not a huge deal. Once I get back to a computer I’ll shoot you links to what you need for a regular LPK.

John- Me too. I’m slowly gathering parts an waiting for the upper/lower receivers I want to get in stock.

I called b&j guns and they are going to swap it out for me no big deal, how do u like the dpms kit?

JVG knows so much about ar rifles that he has me stop by continuously to fix his issues and help him repair broken stuff :wink: :lol. He DOES have alot of them though…

Hahahaha nice Adam