The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

http://shift518.com/showthread.php?t=29659

willing to take cash, credit, or a mixture of both. price isnt firm, but im not giving it away either.

The most I could do is like 500 cash. I know you are asking 700. But that’s all I have to offer. Dont mean to insult either with tht offer.

Looks awesomer as frig

Gun looks sick Steve! And as always, excellent job Adam.

I’m still trying to find a damn free-float for my 6.8 build, but the Samson Evolution 15" is effing out of stock errywhere.

Anyone know a place besides buds(Buds has been out of stock for like 6 months) where i can scoop a RAA Saiga for under 400?

No insult taken, pm sent.

PM Returned

Ditto lol.

Put a BSA 4x30 scope on my SKS. And while this is up i might as well ask, What do i have to do to make this NYS compliant ? I also have the 20rd tapco Mag. Im pretty sure that has to be pinned to only hold 5 rounds though.

http://i42.tinypic.com/qn4p3p.jpg

What scope mount did you use? Have you shot it a lot with the scope? If so, have you had any issues with diminishing accuracy?

Its a UTG mount and it fits like a glove no wiggling or nothing. I just mounted it tonight but im hoping to shoot with it this weekend.

Mag needs to be pinned to hold 10rds.
Stock has to be pinned.
Bayonet lug must be ground off.

I am not 100% sure, but I believe converting to the Tapco stock means the whole rifle needs to be 922r compliant (which is a federal law, not just NYS).
For 922r compliance, there needs to be 10 or less imported parts on the rifle out of a list of 14 that the SKS has on the list. Because you added a pistol grip, but it is US made, it kinda just cancels that one out.

Here’s a list of the other 14 parts:

1.  Receiver

2.  Barrel

3.  Bolt

4.  Bolt carrier

5.  Gas piston

6.  Trigger housing

7.  Trigger

8.  Hammer

9.  Sear

10. Disconnector
  11. Stock - You have this, so mark that off the list.
  12. Handguard - You have this, so mark that off the list.
  13. Magazine body - You have this, so mark that off the list.
  14. Follower - You have this, so mark that off the list.

So as long as your mag is pinned to 10 rds, and your stock pinned in w/e position you want, and a bayo lug ground off if you have one, you are 100% good to go. The Tapco stock/mag set included all the 922r compliance stuff you needed, so no worries there. Just be careful because the second you put a magazine that’ll work but is not 100% made in the USA, the rifle is in violation of 922r. Blame Clinton for that one.

Ok thanks alot Chris. As soon as i get home in May i have to get the stock pinned and the Mag pinned and the bayo lug ground off.

To be perfectly safe, I’d have the rifle disassembled before you make the trip so the stock and receiver are separate, and most definitely get the mag pinned to 10rds before you leave. It’d effing suck if for some reason you got pulled over shortly after crossing into NY and they search your car and find the mag, then proceed to whip out their night sticks and fuck you with the long dick of the law.

Sounds like a plan. Another question for you. I have a CCP out here in WA state and when i come back home ill still be in the Military. Dose that help with getting your CCP in NY?

it may help for consideration, but youll have to go through the same application process as joe blow.

thanks to adam and cossey my newest ar is built. thanks a lot guys for helping me get it pieced together. i just put most of the rest of the stuff on it, i need to use it and see where i want what (flashlight/mount, rail covers, and vfg)

if i can get my lazy ass out of bed in a few hours ill be breaking the rifle in.

i took pictures, but realized my sd card was already in the computer and not in the camera when i was taking pictures and im not digging it back out to take more pictures, so ill take pictures of it tomorrow. lol.

I figured as much.

i hear yeah, do you have a address here? and “you were out there for work” thatll allow you to start the app process rather than have to be here for x amount of months w.e the excact amount is. what county? do you own pistols now?

Well heres the newest ar to the family. thanks to adam and cossey for helping me get all the parts i had put together lol.

Allstar Tactical forged lower
Allstar Tactical LPK and buffer kit
Magpul CTR FDE
Magpul Miad FDE
Magpul ASAP one point sling mount
Magpul MS3 sling black
Geissele SSA
Badger Ordnance tactical latch for charging handle

Allstar Tactical forged upper.
Allstar Tactical low profile .625" gas block
Daniel Defense CHF lightweight profile 14.5" 1:7 twist 5.56 barrel
Daniel Defense AR15 Lite 14" rail
Spikes Tactical Nickle boron coated BCG
BattleComp 1.5
Magpul MBUIS FDE
Magpul rail covers FDE
Magpul AFG2 FDE

still have an Allstar Tactical/ Elzetta flashlight mount and Elzetta flashlight to get mounted. just about 90% sure this one will be getting an acog when the time comes. heres a couple pictures.

Huge sight radius on that gun :slight_smile: