The "Oil Prices" thread.

:picard:

You think that the milk that is not upstate farms comes from California or something?

got to think of cost for machinery, maintenance, shipping of those supplies, feed for the cows, the cartons for the milk, etc, etc, etc

it’s all directly related

:word: not to mention that the fertilizer that farmers use has petrolium in it. It takes alot of fuel to plow/plant/harvest crops.

or migrant workers lol

haha, my giant beast takes 93 with a 20 gallon tank and gets 15 MPG :stuck_out_tongue:

said the best:

Oil settles at a record $138.54 a barrel, up $10.75, on weak dollar and forecast that crude will hit $150 by July 4.

:violin: just sayin.

And this is the #1 reason the commodities exchange needs to change those contract buying requirements ASAP. If they don’t the government better step in and do it for them.

Largest single day gain ever. I don’t even get worried. This shit’s just comical. It’s a bubble. It will burst. If it doesn’t and we really have passed peak oil then the next 50 years will be a really interesting time in history for us to watch. :ohnoes:

Very much so it is ridiculous to see such large swings in price of commodities without something catastrophic happening.

It really isn’t anything to worry about. What most of the “complainers” don’t bother to realize is that our oil price problem isn’t the oil it is our dollar. They need to be more worried about paying their fucking bills so our dollar can strengthen then how much the gas for the SUV they don’t need is. :beer2:

If you were a betting man, would you bet that we’ll see sub $3/gallon gas again?

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/j_espo1/m_e2d5d9385dfe51628b38b025d2dafaaf.gif

just sayin

since when does cougarspeed see into the future?

:drama2:

Still waiting for Nissan to start offering smoking lease deals on their new Murano to get them to move off the lots. As someone who actually needs an SUV I’m loving the fact that all the people who don’t need them don’t want them anymore. Might end up being a real good time for me to snag a new one that’s better on gas than my current truck but will still tow my trailer. The local dealer has a bunch on his lot and I haven’t seen them moving much.

Hmmmm i am not sure about that one. I don’t think so. But I think Americans in general need to make changes in their lives to accommodate the fact that we do have high oil prices Look around and really think about how much of it we waste. Gas seems to be the popular example but I see tons of people driving vehicles that get 15-20mpg so I just don’t feel bad. I also do not feel bad because like I said it was not oil that just decided to be expensive it was dumb ass Americans living outside their means that fucked our dollar and in turn has skyrocketed oil as well as many other things. I have plenty more rant left in me but im cool for now. lol

Damn don’t taze me bro. :beer2:

Yep. It’s a bubble driven by stupidity, greed and the low dollar and just like tech stocks and housing it will pop. (And for the record, I was saying thisbefore the CNN.com article that came out today. ;))

Thats what im talking about.

wasnt directed at you personally :beer: