the race to build REALLY cheap cars

33hp
80mph top speed

Renault-Nissan is planning on building a car for under $3000. The price could be as low as $2500, which is 40% less than the least expensive sub-compact car available today. The Chief Executive of the company, Carlos Ghosn, made this announcement at a plant-opening on April 4. An Indian carmaker, Tata Motors, plans to launch a $2500 car next year. This race for the really ceap car could have a major impact on the industry as a whole.

ok im not ganna lie the car could have looked alot worst then what it does.

shit yeah. ide rock it. its cheap, and its reliable. as long as ur not traveling far or on the highway much u cant really go wrong

this is a good idea. why buy a winter beat when you buy a brand new car for the same price

whats wrong with traveling on the highway much? It does 80mph

i would rock it.

i couldnt even begin to imagine how long it would take a 33hp car with 4 ppl in it to get up to 80mph. 33hp just doesnt seem like enough to even merge safely

They say the US carmakers could learn something from these. Truth is they couldn’t build a car like that if they wanted to unless it was just privated labeled by Chery or somebody like that in China or India or other cheap place.

The sad thing is that even if the material and labor was free, you couldn’t cover the workmans comp, liability, and health care insurance for $3000 per car in a US assembly plant.

yes it would suck balls.

I once took a 70hp civic cx to the Outerbanks, NC with 4 people. It was fucking horrible. I was doing 45 in a 65 up the hills. I would go 85 (top speed) down the hill and then slow down to 45 up the hill, nothing like doing 50 mph in second on the highway and watching your speed drop

yea… top speed, which means full bore struggling to even get there

It won’t come here. A 33 hp car would be dangerous on our roads. 3rd world though, oughta sell well.

:cough:BOOST:cough:

sorry, got a camel hair stuck

Tata Motors has been making a sub $5k for a while now but unfortunantly has not spread to the US market for whatever reasons. They are a great company and from investmets point of view, their selling cars made by laborers making .50 cents an hour to some of biggest millitarys in the western hemisphere including Great Britian and China.

Maybe you can order the multiple engine option?

can you stuff a lsx in it?

idd deff rock one for a winterbeater…

Interesting concept, would make for a nice city car. But dear god the Tercel was bad enough at 50ish whp

:lol: Now we’re talking.

id rock it…but would do something like a B18 swap and boost it.
HAHA maybe drop a 442 in it and convert to RWD

oh and a front conversion kit too cuz you know its goona look like ass

lol my 4-wheeler has more hp that that.
But I’d love to get a new car for a DD that cheap.