The Rapid Move To All Electric (But Real Goal = No Personal Cars)

refill with new acid, no? :joy:
No seriously I’d be fine with that, were talking about breaking even on $40k difference in something that looks to be hilariously fun to drive.

Related, lol.

But within a couple of years, four of the five wind turbines erected to power toll plazas and other Thruway facilities near exits between Eden-Angola and the Pennsylvania state line had failed.

The companies claim the state then went ahead and purchased the turbines and had them installed without doing the required studies and thus they cannot be held responsible for their failure.

So NY “rules for thee but not for me” State decided to say fuck it, bought the wind mills from, obviously, a contractor with ties to some elected official, some other official that actually gives a shit noticed they weren’t working and now shit is hitting the fan.

3 Likes

Here it comes…

Will everyone have to switch to electric cars?

Eventually, yes: To meet emissions goals, three million drivers will have to trade in their gas-guzzling cars by 2030, and an additional seven million by 2050. But the plan calls for plenty of infrastructure investments and buying incentives first. One idea, called a “feebate” program, would offer direct rebates on EV purchases, supported by a new fee on the purchase of fossil-fuel vehicles.

The plan also points out that most existing drivers will need to replace their cars over that period anyway, so these aren’t novel costs. Hochul already signed legislation that will effectively ban the sale of new gas-powered cars and trucks by 2035.

Idiots

1 Like

And I bet no one will be held responsible for the situation either.

On a side note, these Hummers are going for STUPID money right now. lol

So, what will they do with people who drive gas powered vehicles for fun?

I’m out of this state soon.

1 Like

dumb.
~$170k over sticker.
I’ve always hated that dealership, even more now that theyve made a habit of ripping people off on stuff like this.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if it’s the dealer or if it’s a private owner who is putting the vehicle on the lot wanting to see if they can get some stupid money for it with the dealer benefiting off a percent of the sale. I do not believe they own all of these cars sitting on their lot. The list of cars they have is ridiculous. A +$700k Mercedes, a $500k Lambo, and $375k Ferrari for starters. lol

1 Like

There have have been a lot of Hummers in the news selling for stupid money. I think it’s the YouTube test people using them to make money so they don’t care about spending $300k to have the first reviews out there that net them $1m

that thing must haul ass

wtf 150k

Did you think it was going to be cheap? Escalade platinum’s are around $110K and this has WAY more content. A pretty basic normal suv is ~$70K now.

I was thinking 120-130. 150 plus options seems steep. I’m sure it’ll be sold out like every other V. Ray laks will probably get one and mark it up to $400k.
I have deposits on the hummer and cybertruck. We’ll see which one happens first.

I’m considering one of these for a second bike.

I’m not sure I’d want an E-Bike, but I like road trips.

Yea def a second bike. Supposedly they’re stupid fun, just crap range.

1 Like

around town beater? hell yes

That looks like a fun bike. I also do not hate the HD e-bike looks, but I’ve never had a chance to try one.

Charging for free at work is the only reason I would consider an e-anything, but the cost of entry is still terrible.

For a 24k motorcycle, I could get 2 used 1992 Honda 450 dirtbikes.

24K for a bike is nuts, i’ll buy a used 1000rr for $5K lol