The Rapid Move To All Electric (But Real Goal = No Personal Cars)

1 Like

The guy at my work with one says it definitely eats his battery life.

Though he lives about 30 minutes from my work, he’s saving about 600 a month in fuel (he had an F150 before this). And he has solar panels on his house that also charge his truck with leftover power that he sells back to the power company.

He said he’ll break even on the truck in 3-4 years based on fuel savings alone then from there he’s in the green.

He doesn’t tow much, just two jet skis. IDK how the battery will be in 3-4 years though.

I’m surprised his solar panels can charge the truck. 30 min, that’s only about 50 miles round trip I’m guessing? That is only about $230-250 a month in fuel for that commute at 18mpg. In winter he is using about $12 in electric daily… 50-80kwh for the same round trip. Summer should be about $8 daily in power. Not really that much better then a gas rig TBH unless you’re truly getting free power

“If you can make a vehicle drive by itself,” Mr. Winnekins said, referring to the driver-assistance systems in Teslas and other vehicles, “you can make a decent radio receiver.”

Winter testing. Yikes.

1 Like

So bitter. Here’s a preview of all the things they’ll complain about once ALL vehicles are electric.

It’ll never be enough.

Pmmmu2QKGJWE

2 Likes

They really want you to be 100% electric on all fronts. Neat

Yeah… Use the hood on your stove. Also don’t try to be heat your house with a gas stove.

1 Like

I guess I should buy a new one now… lol

Brand new Samsung range…brand new 900cfm range hood…come take it, grandpa.

1 Like

@JayS

Corvette shared a post on Instagram: "After 70 years, we’re introducing one like none. 01.17.23. #Corvette". Follow their account to see 966 posts.

I don’t get it, other than yeah, we’re all fucked in a blizzard if we only have electric vehicles. :slight_smile:

I thought I posted the video my bad… I’m not sure why it isn’t working… but EV noise and v8 noise… perfect winter beater for you! Its the latest video on Corvette’s IG

Corvette shared a post on Instagram: "After 70 years, we’re introducing one like none. 01.17.23. #Corvette". Follow their account to see 966 posts.

1 Like

glad i wasnt the only one confused. So theyre marketing the zora as an all season car?

See if this video works?

1 Like

Yep, video works. Guessing that hybrid vette is going to be stupidly fast.

1 Like

I can think of better ways to market awd. they could have done a ken block style awd burnout attached to a chainfall

1 Like

Probably. Also stupidly expensive.

That’s my biggest gripe with all these electric cars, they are almost impossibly priced for the average person. Even an entry level EV is unrealistic. Part of me thinks that this is intentional, hindering the ability of Americans to travel independently, but another part of me thinks it’s just because the technology is unsustainable and not a true replacement for ICE.

these arent bad. 2023 Chevy Bolt and Bolt EUV a little more expensive - Autoblog

For me I can either spend 100k for a hummer and save 300 monthly on gas or spend 70k on a new sierra, either way the payment is almost the same.

1 Like