The Rapid Move To All Electric (But Real Goal = No Personal Cars)

19K Likes, 1,623 Comments - Inside Motors (@inside_motors) on Instagram: "Finally an electric car owner that says how it is 👏🏼👏🏼
-
Credit: iamdollard ♻️ TT..."

I see a former ubrf’er post all the time how cool it is to watch movies at a certain free charging statioon GI.

Charging for free is the only way i could justify the cost.

I think hes an uber driver too, so its literally lost revenue. (Unless you get paid much more for driving a tesla)

Drove my brother’s model 3 to Toronto this past weekend, it was okay. Car is nice, but not luxurious. I do not like the auto-driving/assists at all, like not even a little bit. But that’s a critique of mine for all new cars. I want to drive my car, not some computer.

1 Like

The model 3 is basically an iphone inside a soviet era Lada.

1 Like

This sounds awesome compared to the minutes you would have spent refueling a gasoline powered car. So glad the government is going to force these on us.

2 Likes

You will do it, because as a consumer you want to do it!

The people YOU elected decided this is the best for You!! You’ll love it, trust them.

I’ll say this as an automotive insider… there isn’t one EV car I’ve driven that I’d trade my C5 Corvette for.

1 Like

I have to say, pulling into a Tesla supercharging station felt like the gayest thing ever. Bunch of tesla bros just sitting there talking to each other. I put on YouTube and tried to not make eye contact. It was kind of cool though, we went from 10% to 25% in like 10 mins, but still way slower than just gas and go.

I’m going to hold out getting an electric vehicle for as long as I can. I plan on running the Tiguan and Jetta into the ground, they are low mileage so I have 5-6 years at least.

And that was at a Supercharger? Fucking pathetic.

1 Like

Yeah I’m pretty sure it was at a 150kw station? I couldn’t find any 250kw stations that were close enough to justify driving the extra mileage to charge.

Imagine if every gas station put gasoline in your car at vastly different rates. “Oh I don’t want to get gas here because this gas station can only fill my car at 2 gallons per hour. If I drive 30 minutes to the other side of town they have a pump that can put 6 gallons per hour, 12 gallons per hour if my car is the right make/model”.

1 Like

Now this is superchargers, imagine only getting 8kw stations…see you all in 10hrs!

OR 120 volt lolololol

Ever wake up and forget to get gas the night before? Oh that’s okay I’ll only be a few minutes late.

Oh, I forgot to charge the car last night and now I need to travel? Ouch.

1 Like

Or better yet, you go to visit family a few hours away. Can I charge my car? Sorry, my cars charging right now.

2 Likes

lol.
along those family lines.
Hey, can I get $30 for enough gas to get home in my $80,000 car…

1 Like

The whole EV thing boils down to them being great transportation for your daily commute, and terrible for all the cool freedom things car ownership brings you. Big shock the government loves the idea of taking away your car that lets you go anywhere anytime and forcing you into a car that gives you all the freedom of the Metrobus.

Oh wait, they’re doing it for the environment. That’s right. They’re forcing us into cars that are powered by rare earth elements stripped from the ground in some of the most environmentally damaging mines you can imagine in places with governments that give zero regard to the environment (cough CHINA cough), batteries that no one has figured out how to properly recycle, because it’s helping the environment.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure everything I put in my home recycle bin goes into new teslas, so your logic must be incorrect. :smiley:

edit:
This looks like it would be fun in snow covered parking lots.
(ideally at a charging station, so you can still get home)

1 Like

if you can keep a gas-powered car in the stable until the green-energy revolution is over, you probably won’t regret it.

1 Like

Granted it’s still early, an E vehicle will work for your lifestyle if you don’t drive more than 300 miles a day and can charge it at home at night, but this past weekend I would have just rented us a car had I known.

You would hope that in 10-20 years from now these cars should be able to be charged within 1-2 minutes, same time you’d spend at a pump, then it’ll be more practical.

You’re assuming in 10-20 years that we magically found more rare earth metals to sustain this technology.

2 Likes