The Rapid Move To All Electric (But Real Goal = No Personal Cars)

More “no personal cars” stuff

https://twitter.com/LionAdvocacy/status/1670625669586223105?t=IhkpcLDeJpCbi5TXcOLIYQ&s=19

this was coming anyways. i’ve commented on this privately in an industry context a few times.

many of the large rental companies will become ‘fleet management’ companies given thier experience in managing their own large fleets and ability to scale that experience to fleets where the equity or capital is held by someone else.

all automotive is going ot change massively in various ways that we are already seeing.

“Activism”

2 Likes

Sounds like Toyota has so far made the right bet with hybrids.

i think everyone is going w tesla. #1 selling car in the world at the moment

makes sense. their truck is grossly overpriced for what it is. I think it will get worse as Tesla and GM ramp up production of their trucks. I checked one out and for $100k id rather wait for the cybertruck or hummer.

Taking some shit here

1 Like
1 Like

Poof! No more Titan

I can’t figure out if it will cause a run on Titans requiring an extension, or a boycott on Titans/Nissan.

I don’t think anyone was really buying them anyway.

2 Likes

This was cool to watch

Yeah that was really a truck that did nothing for anyone. Kind of an oddball offering tbh.

1 Like

New Nissans (anything past 2000 really) are huge piles of utter horseshit. Tin can construction, THE WORST CVT ever, cheap shit paint and interior quality on par with C5 corvettes.

These are the big three main questions that are never answered.
Some people that drive EV’s have this superiority attitude that they are “doing better for the planet” when they don’t even realize how much of an impact their car really has. It’s simply displacing the direct responsibility of the driver since they see themselves as being better by not using fossil fuels to power their car, when they really still are, not realizing what it took to make that car and what it will take to dispose of it.

3 Likes

ya when i buy my 9200 lb hummer that gets like 1 mile every KWH i wont be thinking about how im saving the environment :rofl:

When looking for a first car for my daughter I couldn’t believe how cheap 3-4 year old 60k’ish mileage Rogues were. They’re basically worthless at that point.

These are for mapping and driving habits, they don’t actually drive people around, you can’t do that here AFAIK.