The Rapid Move To All Electric (But Real Goal = No Personal Cars)

BMW sticking with it:

1 Like

Here we gooooo!

100% of new passenger vehicles sold are electric by 2035 and that medium- and heavy-duty vehicles sold are electric by 2045.

But wait! There’s a bonus!

air pollution disproportionally affecting low-income communities and communities of color.

444298b2a4c20eb86fca8a4caa71c0e0

Audi - Atlanta, GA
CC - Cleveland, OH
Enclave - Bumfuck, PA (don’t remember what town it was)
GTO - Wilmington, NC

Guess I don’t give a shit what NY does.

Good point. I wonder if they’ll restrict registration of gas vehicles from other states.

Montana going down

I’d love to see what living in Montana, North Dakota, and South Dakota would be like with Electric only.

Looks like those who can’t charge at 240v because their house isn’t setup or they live in an apartment tend to ditch EVs.

So what does this mean for all the urban renters who won’t be able to charge their cars?

I still don’t see EV being as convenient as gas for at minimum 10-15 years. They just don’t charge fast enough. What’s it take to fill your car/truck? 5-7min of pump time? I don’t think EV will charge that fast and give you another 400+ range. Unless some charging breakthrough hits I doubt we will see 50% EV on the road in the next 10 years.

Electric cars being charged by coal power plants using lithium batteries that are destroying landscapes across the globe and being shipped via fossil fuel powered ships.

Pass.

Cool torque and power, but nah.

Still don’t understand why we aren’t looking at mandating Hybrids first then maybe a transition from there to EV cars. At least Hybrids are both gas and electric and are producing some pretty decent mpg which I’m sure could become even better if pushed.

Because the push for all electric is coming from politicians who are hell bent on climate control (even though we won’t point fingers at major polluters such as China or India). Manufacturers are just hopping on the “we don’t want to be the bad guys train” because of optics. The problem is that infrastructure isn’t nearly there and the processes to produce efficient and globally environmentally sustainable electric vehicle technologies don’t exist on large enough scale to support total replacement for fossil fuel powered vehicles.

2 Likes

Company from Burlington Vermont. Looks like plans to have charging in Plattsburgh, Utica, and other spots around NY.

I can’t wait until 2035 when all manufacturers are forced to make electric vehicles (for pollutions sake), and there will be 10 billion people on the planet polluting instead of the 8 billion we have now.

1 Like

I’m telling you, we won’t have a retirement. It’s going to be MadMax shit after 2050.

1 Like

LOL. Imagine mad max with everyone trying to charge old ass Teslas.
Every windmill farm will be an evil stronghold.

China will have a diesel powered floating/flying city that blocks out solar panel farms and they will run extension cords to their subjects in 新加州

2 Likes

“Alright, we will attack in 1 hour!!!”

“Uhh… Can we give it maybe 5 hours? My mean machine isn’t ready yet, still have about 5 hours of charging to go”

2 Likes

“We haven’t been on a lot of raids lately”
“Too cloudy to charge the cars”

1 Like

“Why is the enemy just sitting there? Are they trying to intimidate us?”

“No, the grid is just overloaded again. But just you wait until they are fully charged, it’s scary…so many soyboys in one place can only mean….Lena Dunham.”

My favorite part of all these manufacturers saying they’re dropping gasoline cars is that no one is talking about the MASSIVE electrical grid upgrades charging 300 million cars is going to require. At least once a month I get an email from national grid trying to incentivize me into handing over control of my smart thermostat to them so they can turn down my AC anytime it’s hot and they’re struggling with demand. And yes, every time I tell them to go eat a big party sized bag of dicks.

2 Likes

Should save that bag of Dicks for your Mediocre Maxwell rage machine virtue signals.
Edit: Assuming none of them are white…
(too Much?)