The viper is dead?

The person was very clear he wasn’t supposed to talk about it. Hence the non-gender specific post and lack of details.
More information would be that there is a car ready to go but needs managements approval.

Or perhaps it was part of “Project Alpha” the game plan prior to “Genesis” and before Cerberus really got a good look at the books. All we know is the decision was made during the period Cerberus has been running the show in Auburn Hills.
Makes sense.

Company needs to be profitable more then it needs a low production, manpower intensive, low sales (%) rock star. :gotme:

Apply those $millions worth of R&D towards turning a reasonable profit.

fawking L O L

:uhh::eyebrow:

The second post provided more information about the project as well, I figure nothing on this forum will get back to him.
Plus there is nothing really earth shattering anyways.

Also the hell dog is huge on ROI so all the R&D for a low production vehicle was a tough sell. The idea of a Halo car is lost in the numbers.

Word, thats why they were able to buy them in the first place. Run for a profit.

:tup: BTW, for all the good input.

:funny:

As I always say, I’ll believe it when I see it. We have inside people that say not to start worrying yet. Rumors get tossed around like this constantly.

1. Does this piss me off? Sure as fuck it does that a company can be so blind to what their halo car has done for them, and that they sit idle with no advertisement for it, no NOTHING of any kind.

2. This doesnt affect me much at all, so I really dont care all that much. I am diversifying anyway, that was already planned.

3. Anyone who thinks the Viper going away is a good thing is a dumbass. Corvette Vs. Viper and GM vs. Dodge bullshit aside, if it wasnt for the Viper, none of the other american manufacturers would have stepped up to the plate like they did in the horsepower wars.

4. If they do can it, values will go up. Boo Who on that one for sure.

5. Cerberus is in the driver seat now. If they are dumb enough to kill off the Viper, a Halo car that actually MAKES money on its own, there is nothing saying it wont come back when the company switches hands again. There was no 07 Viper, this would not be the first time it happened.

6. ILC is a peice of shit.

I concur

what else are you going to get into dan??? just curious

come on… be nice boys

Vipers are my bread and butter, and will continue to be. Dodge not selling new ones wont affect me for at least a few years after production ceases (2013-ish at earliest?), and in fact may increase my Viper service as there are less people jumping the aftermarket ship for the newest car, and less dealer service work being performed.

I am planning on moving a market tier back into the SRT-8 market, and also planning to move much more exotic- which I have already begun doing. Details on the who and what are still fuzzy, but Ferrari & Lambo are a certainty.

Not doubting you, just wondering if you have anything to back that up?

How many of us on here work for Chrysler and see the numbers from sales on this car? What is the actual profit that the company makes on each vehicle sold by a dealer? With the way that company has been lately, they cant afford to make small profits on the vehicle. I always thought the Viper was a cool car and it sucks to see the car that brought the horsepower wars back from the dead get axed. We all know they want a supercar out there that can compete with a Vette and still bring large profits for the manufacturer. So if ending the Viper and bringing out a totally new car that is built like a Vette with different performance levels like the Coupe, Z06 and now ZR1 is Chrysler’s answer, then do it.

I don’t know why they would axe the viper name for something different. The early GTS will always hit a soft spot with me. It was the ZO6 of its generation, my first dream car.

That is direct from the SRT Engineers and backed up by the National VCA treasurer, who is also in the back pocket of chrysler.

Trust me, I always thought the Viper was a loss leader- but it hasnt been for a long time.

This is true, GM did design the ZR1 to go directly after the new 600hp viper. It is odd that viper would back out when gm obviously wants to compete with them in the ‘supercar’ market. If i had that much money to spend idk if i’d still probly choose a vette just because of having GM in my blood but i dont frown on vipers at all, i think they are definately cool cars. IF this rumor is true i’m sure they’ll come out with a new line of car, it’ll be neat to wait and see what happens.

Mike