What dodge is doing about the ZR1!!!

I know a few of you guys have been wondering.

Corvette vs. Viper

The rivalry has been going on for years now.

GM has been really stepping it up with the corvette.

How does Dodge plan to redo the Viper, to answer to the ZR1?

find out here

cliff notes : they gave up

nicee

It will die like the F-body

What’s even funnier, no one gives a shit about vipers anyway and have it come back :rofl:

wrong, you should be unhappy about this. Competition brings out the best in everyone, at least for a few years the viper was the vette’s competition, now with nothing to compare it to, you will see no further improvements until someone comes up with something to compete with it again

The horsepower wars are coming to an end anyway from the factory.

You want horspower visit the local speed shop.

x2

viper>vette

At least the viper looks like a sports car. Vette’s are boring to look at.

^ your an idiot like beat90 don’t quote me.

faggot says what?

i’m gonna have to go with the vette is now competing with the world. they made a big deal about how the Z06 and now ZR1 can hang with or beat the top exotics for tens of thousands of dollars less. I think GM will continue to push the ZR1 vette into supercar status

Gonna have to disagree with you on this one chico…as far as american cars go the vette has been running circles around the rest for some time now…it’s on to crushing exotics and imports…dodge is small time now

??? Your going solely on looks? Vipers don’t look any better…

hundreds of thousands less :hs:

the vette looks a billion times better

no. the viper is a more exotic sporty looking car

i love the 95-99 ish vipers. they are one of the hottest looking cars i think. too bad they sound like a dumptruck and crotch rocket mixed together.

wonder if you can get a cam with some of the lobes changed up like a 4/7 swap for chevys and rewire the ignition? that may help change some of that sound of that firing order

No matter how awesome the ZR1 and/or Z06 become, they’ll always be living with millions of their slower, yet almost identical little brothers running around.

A real exotic doesn’t have castrated twins running around (WRX/STI). GM is out to make a profit, and history shows that they still suck. At least the Rally car makers can turn a profit with their econo/performance combos.

The ZR1s will still be badass, and outperform many “true supercars.” However they’ll never have the prestige or resale value of a real supercar either.

Also, Shaggy is a moron. Hyundai just came out with a 375 hp V8 and the HP wars are over? HAHAHA.

Between the HIGH end cars it will be over in a few years.

375hp isn’t shit nowadays fruitcake.

Who cares…hoon-die made it…

Yeah, Hyundai, who didn’t even make a V8 before, is now producing one that makes more power than the LS1 did from 97-200?.

I wonder why 375 was insane a few years ago, and now it’s business as usual?

Maybe it’s because every manufacturer is producing higher output engines than ever before!

:nuts:

I’m talking high end cars for the 2nd damn time.
god damn you give me a headache.

pump your brakes hard as you can, just because it makes more hp than a ls1 doesn’t mean shit…this car hasn’t even been released yet so once it has we will see exactly how well the motor stands up to mods…it WON’T have a legacy like the ls1

hyundai’s motor is probly mostly copied from the LS1 design just like chryslers hemi

either way 375 is nothin to sneeze at…thats pretty stout for todays fuel economy /environmental regulations