the walking worm???

I’d like to consider myself a hard-core angling enthusiast.

I prefer Sport/Bass fishing. Using the right fishing technique, lure, and location will help alot too.

As far as the bait you pointed out I don’t really think that these “Walking Worms” will satisfy your expectations. Have you ever thought about using a hand poured soft plastic bait?

There are many, many better baits out there, atleast ones that i have used.

Some off the top of my head are, swim baits, topwater baits, worm baits, jerk baits, craw crank baits, ordinary crank baits, buzz baits, flatbelly baits, and spinner baits.

I have fly fished, bass fished, game fished, rock fished, estuary fished, beach fished, sport fished, course angled and guided in saltwater, and freshwater, for 5 years and have fished throughout and all over NY, Montana, Florida and Canada. :slight_smile:

I’ve found that the rich variety of trout waters in the Fingerlake area provides the finest bass fishing in NY.

The Salmon River in Pulaski, NY, IMO has some of the most fabulously productive tailwater streams, and is the main focus of my bass fishing expeditions. The river holds about 5,000 catchable-size fish per mile, mostly rainbows, but a lot of steelheads, and small/large mouths and they are big, strong, hard fighting fish. :tup:

Wade fishing the inlets around the fingerlakes, specifically Kueka Lake is one of the most spectacular fishing experiences you will find anywhere. The scenery is gorgeous and the rivers are perhaps the best hopper-fishing area I have seen.

We fish other rivers and creeks that are lesser known but will get you away from other fishers and provide good fishing as well.

But my recommendations for bass fishing in the summer are using top bats, like Crankbaits, jigs and plastic worms. And make sure you fish shallow in the mornings and evenings and try and get deeper as the sun rises. When I say “deep”, it depends where you are. In some lakes you may need to go as deep as 60 feet while others seldom hold fish below 35 feet. :gotme:

If you continue to fish into the fall, use spinnerbaits, crankbaits and spoons. Again be sure to fish shallow to moderate depths in the mornings and evenings. As it gets later the fish will move, so you want to get to deeper areas, around land and use spoons or jigs.

Umm, if you have any questions let me know.

:tup: