theres nothing to see here.

looking at stepping into an '08 z06 quite soon… just wondering the cons out there… if any. From my research it seems like everything one would want for the $$.

Also… how would an '02 911turbo with very low miles compare to this… been thinking a long time between these 2 cars. Anyone’s legit .02 would be greatly appreciated.

911 would be awd, little more of a gray area before you get in real trouble. Z06 numbers are impressive, as are the 996TT’s numbers. it’s just what you want to buy, European rocket, or domestic rocket. i think a 996 would have more residual value than the Z06, but i very well could be wrong. we have a turbo in the shop if you’re interested in looking at it, no chance on driving it, but it’s rare to find one in the flesh on a lift with someone willing to let you walk around it without a dirty look.

yea they are two totally dif types of cars which really has me scratching my head… also had the joy of driving each today… been looking at both for a long time and they are so impressive in their own ways. arg

Porsche maintenance costs will be a lot higher than the Z06 I suspect.

maintenance/parts would be cheaper for the z06 id imagine, as well as it being faster. the 911 would be a bit more flashy tho…

Especially on a 911 turbo. The Vette guys I know talk about the “Vette Tax” but it’s nothing compared to the costs my boss talks about servicing his 911.

what are you needs from this car?

needs determine the right choice.

08 chevy would have a lower cost of ownership and a factory warranty unless it has a ton of miles. Cons probably low volume production and no other car uses the LS7 so could possibly lead to costly parts outside warranty.
GMPP prices a Zo6 the same as a normal vette so might be worth looking into.

cons?
its a GM
enough said

id go porsche
ive driven both and there is no comparison

price differences? a 7 year old 911 might be hard on the wallet with the maintanence cost compared to a 1 year vette like mentioned above. atleast we now know what your turning in the STI for. I assume you have a winter vehicle?

i was suspecting the same out of maint. and such… honestly leaning very far toward the vette but the awd tt has its big perks… esp after having an sti. looking for it to enjoy but wont be dding.

DIAF.

I’d go with the 911 for the simple fact that it’ll hold resale value a lot better then the corvette. Plus look how many vettes you see rolling around compared to 911 turbo’s

Haha Oh boy, I’ll try not to go there, I will say though the Z06 is a cool car, but it is VERY unforgiving on the road, im sure it really shines on the track, but Im a assuming you want something thats general purpose, for that matter my vote goes to the 996 turbo as well.

is the GM nightmare really that bad? haha this would be my first domestic -_-

i really didnt want to ask for advice on here but i drove both today was left questioning even more then before haha. yea figured it was time to step out of the 4cyl world for a bit.

It’d be a hard choice. I really liked C6s when they first came out but now i pass them all the time w/o a second thought.

thinking about these two as street cars / fun cars…

you pick the Z06 using your wallet, and the 996tt with your heart. there is no rational reason for the 996tt to win, yet it’s the only one of these two that I would own.

arg… ur killing me blue haha. i would have to agree with that statement.

<3 c6 z06

If you sit in it all day every day, yes. when it comes to all out performance, comfort isn’t high on the priority list. Personally on the street I think there terrible.