theres nothing to see here.

have you checked on insurance?

how about a brand new corvette grand sport spec’d to your liking… I think it’s a great package and great value all around.

now is the right time to be buying a new car… you can probably save a ton with the sales tax thing, insane (if not 0%) finance, and great deals.

While the 430-hp (436-hp with the two-mode exhaust) LS3 V8 remains unchanged, wider front and rear fenders allow for 18- (front) and 19-inch (rear) wheels that are also wider than before. Larger brakes are included and the special suspension tuning is now even closer to that of the Z06. You’ll also notice other Z06 elements like the front splitter, rear spoiler and functional brake ducts behind the doors. Unlike the Z06, you can order a Grand Sport with a manual transmission or the Vette’s six-speed automatic with paddle shifters. If you’re a true track hound, though, go with the manual that also comes with a dry-sump oil system, differential cooler and rear-mounted battery.

Though available as a convertible, coupe models also feature a removable roof. The Grand Sport can also be had in all four Corvette trim levels (1LT, 2LT, 3LT and 4LT) and any standard Corvette color, and a special heritage package gives a nod to the past by adding a pair of hash marks to the front fenders. The new Grand Sport is being announced at the 12th annual C5/C6 Corvette Birthday Bash at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky as we speak and pricing has yet to be announced, so stay tuned.

If you get bored with the Z06’s power (yeah right) you can easily make it faster too. Cat-back, headers, CAI tune, and you got yourself another 75-80hp and an incredible exhaust note.

Maintanance will be way cheaper and so will insurance.

The thing that has kept me out of a Z06 is the fact that its a vette. Like it or not, it looks like every other vette out there. And it has an interior about 10 years behind everything else.

That said, I wouldn’t want an aging Porsche Turbo either, balling on a budget is going to get expensive fast.

If I had to pick between the two, I’d pick 'vette because I think it’d be more pratical with a moderate ammount of miles being put on it. Plus if you got bored, I think it’d be a heck of a lot cheaper to mod.

But ideally, I wouldn’t pick either.

thanks for the .02 from everyone

I actually was beating around town in a H/C ZO6 this past weekend and I was amazed at the performance for the small amount of $$$ he had invested. This car was a rocket and sooo much fun to drive. Although we also were at a car show this weekend and no parts of me even wanted to look at it once the p-cars and other high end sports cars showed up. I have never driven a 911turbo so I have no input there. I also don’t like the idea of having a “vette” but I certainly would any day of the week. That being said it is a no brainer for me to go with the vette but I also like domestics and do not like AWD “fun” cars. Also congrats on being able to make a purchase of this caliber. :tup:

911 all day, However…

If you are looking at paying cash i have no advice but, if you are financing your rate will be much higher on an 02 than an 07+ so keep that in mind

I got rid of my Z06, and kinda miss the car a little, but not being a “corvette guy/owner”

Everytime I see a 50 year old “know it all” driving a Corvette I am so glad I am no longer driving the midlife crissis mobile.

X…

Vette… btw, what are you doing now? where are you workin… shoot me a pm… you ever pick up another bike?

Get the 911. Something you dont see everyday and all the performance you need.

Im also partial to high maintenance german cars though…

Most likely the corvette will be very reliable, however, if you buy the porsche and its not reliable, its going to cost a fortune… can you afford to be fixing it if it breaks

ps. corvette gets good highway mileage :wink:

This would be my concern, also. That is, unless you’re legitamately going to track it, and pimp factor isn’t a big deal…

Even for how old the 911 is, does it have a lot of miles? Im sure guys aren’t racking up 15k a year on these things

911’s are such SEXY cars, i’ve actually only seen 2 or 3 on the road beside me in real life, and they are such beautiful machines

i see atleast 5 vettes a day, i always look at them, but they’re getting kind of meh

the closest i have come to these two cars is the few C6’s (non ZO6) i’ve been in and driving my dads 2004 GT3. from my experience i would pick the Porsche, but bang for the buck the Vette wins and I am keeping my eye on C6 prices. I would get a base C6 and put money into the suspension and other tweaking.

It’s funny, because I see Porche’s left and right ALL the time up here (Central VT), but rarely see Vette’s.

I think it would have to come down to how you feel driving it and looking at it.

Vette will have a warranty, porsche could be a maintenance nightmare. exclusivity and all that crap means nothing.

I love the c6 z06. Looked at one up close and its awesome. The interior looked pretty nice, I thought. Definitely miles better than the c5.

Just moved to cleveland alittle bit ago for my job and been doing that whole thing haha… laying low… you know how it goes. Honestly I wanted to get another bike but they scare me pretty good now so i figured investing in a nice weekend car was a bit safer -_- Ill shoot you a PM and catch up brotha

as for the 996. its sitting at 13k miles… pretty redic. for an '02 and also gunmetal grey. the z06 seems so much more practical on the wallet but my heart cant bring me from looking back at the porsche.

greatly appreciate everyones thoughts for sure :smiley:

1. Resale value and the fact that i see very few of these on the road. I would also imagine that the AWD would make it more of a fun car on the streets.

But they are not out yet and I doubt they go to 0% for a decent term till fall

You mean like the guy here at work with the stock automatic C5 who tells me how much faster it is from 50 - 100 when he shifts the automatic manually and disables the traction control.
:picard:

That’s the worst part about the vette; being associated with “that guy” syndrome.

Of course on the Porsche side you’ve got the guys who can talk for 30 minutes about the engineering that went into the brake caliper bolt.