theres nothing to see here.

Edit the original post :lol:

awesome congratulations!

I can’t say I do, but I haven’t attended any PCA events locally in a longgggg time.

As per the topic, congrats on the purchase, I’m sure you’ll be happy with it. Is it an X50 car or no?

As per HRE’s, FUCKING LOL. Love they magical vibrating rain rims that are banned from track use (with nearly every organization) due to their insane skilled ability to seperate center sections from the rest of the wheel. AWESOME! Not to mention the host of finish issues they’ve had over the years. Pretty design? Sure, wayyyyy overpriced, most definitely. HRE’s are a wheel I expect FinalGTS to roll.

Go Dymag, BBS LMR or Fikse or go home.

For multipiece, for monoblock add champion and volks

Well since nobody can provide any information I did my own digging and came up with several positives from it and one negative; however alot of misinformation from the two of you.

Mpd- you were [COLOR=black]correct about rain vibration potential on reverse drop center wheels. However this issue goes for ALL reverse drop center wheels. [/COLOR]

The rest of what you said was pretty inaccurate or not up to date as in I had to go back to 2005 to see what you were actually talking about with HRE being banned from tracks.

Heres what I got-

A formal letter from HRE adressing some of what you spoke of. This letter came from the Audi forums and talked about the banning of their wheels.

It reads as follows:

In a post made in AudiWorld.com on June 5, 2005, a number of accusations were made regarding HRE’s products. The content of this original thread has been posted on a number of forums and raised questions regarding the use of our wheels in race conditions, the overall quality of our products and the integrity of our company. Also included in these posts was the statement that HRE wheels are banned from VRL, PCA and IMSA and included photos of a broken wheel that is NOT an HRE wheel. When this thread surfaced, HRE took it very seriously and after considerable investigation into the alleged failures and contacting these organizations regarding the supposed bans, HRE learned that this information was false. If anyone would like further information regarding this issue or if anyone has any concerns about the race worthiness or quality of their HRE wheels, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. As chief engineer for HRE I am intimately aware of the technical issues surrounding the design and construction of our wheels and the challenges posed by racing and street use. I will address each and every one of your concerns personally.

Sincerely,

Alan Peltier

[FONT=Courier New]__________________________________________
Alan Peltier
COO, HRE Performance Wheels
760-598-1960
www.hrewheels.com

[/FONT]

Again- this was from 2005…

Along with this I also found out that HRE has an exclusive agreement with Dymag and have created a strategic partnership with the brand. they are now manufacturing their own centers and using Dymag barrels. Also, Dymag was not without their own issues and have since switched to a Magnelium center instead of a cast Magnesium. You can do the research and see the issues they had.

Some new things I discorvered about the company were that HRE’s were on the SSC when it set the top speed record for a production vehicle. It took this record from the Bugatti Veyron. They were also on the winning car at the Texas Mile. Just some to name a few.

Start a new thread here with your pics and details when you gfet a chance. We’ll let this one continue to be yet ANOTHER cock measuring contest. :tup:

except that dymags dont hold air. for $20K i would like wheels that will keep tire psi constant, no matter what temp./operating conditions.

66impalass "i have tried… but you only care about the name on you dad’s wheels… HRE are second tier wheels at besy "

lol at everyone on this forum being all knowing of anything and everything about everyone and everything this planet has to offer.

to the OP-
-Great purchase on the 996TT. GL with keeping it stock. hahaha

http://thetmexperience.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/black-pot-kettle-obj058.jpg

Im not trying to have a dick measuring contest or anything like that…

All I kept getting from a few people is your wheels suck and HRE is full of shit. From the forums I belong to- corvetteforum, Nagtroc (GTR), evom etc… Ive never seen any negative posts about the company.

If people say a product is bad or poor quality

OK.

Prove it.

Especially when there is a large amount of people who believe in the product.

I got nothing from the forum members here, so I did my own research and came up with alot of answers to the issues brought up by them.

Again, if they have had direct experience with this company then please share your knowledge. If you know someone who has had direct experience, please share what you witnessed. Supposively this is a “community”, but for the most part people just talk negatively towards one another and dont bother to be helpful. So again, I did the research on my own, spoke to a few legit companies/ people about the wheel and feel Im still getting an amazing wheel and at an amazing price.

Long story short- I also called up Sriya Weerasuria who is the current record holder of the texas mile (242mph in the 1998 Boost Logic Supra) and also has the fastest 1/4 mile time with a six speed. He told me in a nutshell- if this wheel couldnt handle itself then I wouldnt run it. You bet your ASS Im not putting a wheel on my car that cant hack it- especially going 240mph… I dont care if its the “norm” to run a particular product. We need to inspect it ourselves, test it, and feel confident in the product before it goes on a car. My life is at stake and could care less about money when it comes to safety.

He also runs HRE on 5 other cars

I have multiple times, they are not made by the 8000 ton forging process that they claim to be… If I am spending that money I am getting a true 8000 ton forged wheel (Ray’s, BBS, Champion, RAC, etc…) not a claimed (iForged, DPE, HRE, etc…)

"There is a slight difference in the construction quality of a die-forged wheel vs a conventionally forged wheel.

Conventional forging: What happens is that a round, wheel-shaped blank is forged by a press at extremely high pressures, and the design is then machined out into the wheel. Basically, the spoke pattern is cut out by a CNC machine.

Die-Forging, or Impression Die-Forging is a process in which a hydraulic press slowly uses a die to press the metal into it’s designed shape. Each wheel gets it’s own die. Because the final piece is not sent to final machining in the same way as in a “blank-forging” process, the grain structure of the product is more uniform, as is the overall density. This process produces the absolute best wheel possible, as it results in the fewest machined surfaces, the lowest porosity, and the best possible grain structure and overall density.

Neez QD7 are $6,000 (extremely out-of-this-earth overpriced in my now educated-opinion) since I have recently found out they are manufactured using conventional forging. Extremely disappointing, I know.

Conventional fonging is also used by HRE to manufacture their Monoblok wheels. Although this process produces a very strong and light wheel it does not justify a price of over $1,000/wheel. For that price get a die-forged wheel.

HRE has been making low quality products for years now and people keep paying thousands for them. Very sad."

Or read this and figure out forging processes and why HRE will not tell you the real way their wheels are made

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=197245&highlight=morr

If you never said HRE was a better product than 360 forged we would have never been here.

pics of the car!?!?!??!

Yeah I want PICS!

this thread is about a car?!

Other members are correct. We have gone way off tangent and stolen this thread. I feel bad about hijacking the thread. But I do appreciate you finally posting up the threads that contain some information.

I will critque some of what I see.

The M3 forum talks about another company- MORR Wheels.

In the discussion I see this this “Bmwbob” talk about this guy “cleavand” who seems to be, in his eyes, the all knowing god of wheels and forging process of all these companies. However, he is also a seller of RAC/Champion- Morr shows a quote of his advertisement group buy. bmwbob also states half way through this discussion, which he started,

“i am a bit over my head here…” thats great… His big long speach finally comes in the form of a quote from the other forum you gave me, in which HRE did adress- and nobody else took it further.

My question is what makes this other indivdual so informative (Cleavland)…he sells wheels. Ok. credentials…anything…He is more informative then me however, so I do give credit, but all I see is a pissing match between Carlos from Morr and “Cleavland”- Sorta like the one were having now.

In regards to HRE, I only saw their name mentioned in two or three posts on the M3 board. All that was said in reference to HRE is that it is supposively a “similar process”. And that they do not do Die-forging; however in the other thread HRE states they do.

This Morr company seems to stand behind his product and even states hes more then happy to ship out wheels for the two or three posters who claim the information is BS.

HRE unfortunatley did not post nor do I know if they are even members on M3 forum. What they wrote on the M5 board seemed to shut up the loud mouths and be done with it.

Again, I really dont wish to continue this discussion seeing as though, your not a wheel expert- Im not a wheel expert and all our information comes from hear say, companies, and members…no individual testing with no bias.

To each is own. Im done with it.

Thanks for the info.

What? How the hell do you know SW lol?

note: He went 246.2 mph in one of his runs :wink:

Your right he went faster lol

It helps when you make buddies with people in the car community and have a connection with shops. You can get around the internet BS, from both the forum standpoint/ products put out by vendors.

Ive met him at several tracks and talked with him about alot of different things.

Its nice to talk to shop owners and just get to the point of what works, what you need, what you dont and DISCOUNTS lol

Seriously?

You two fggts are still fighting over this?

Seriously no pics yet?!?!?!?!

:bsflag:

At least the thread title is accurate.

PICS?

:needpic: