theres nothing to see here.

lol…Hey if you guys know so much please share…

i have tried… but you only care about the name on you dad’s wheels… HRE are second tier wheels at besy

z06 vette = infinite badass factor

911 = infinite douche factor.

hopefully you chose wisely.

whatever you say boss lol

Your attempt at an insult makes me not want to listen to your reasoning…which again you have none. Along with your spelling and grammer, both make me think of you as a :rant: Take your time when you type

Ill state it again- come up with some facts to prove your point and ill gladly listen…

BTW the dad comment-:lol: earlier today I was wonderering when you’d throw that irrelevant, inaccurate and deluded dig into this mix.

My dad has nothing to do with the wheels except he took pictures on his Iphone of all the GT-R’s at Sema for me to look at. I liked the HRE’s best and so did he.

And I hope the facts you have to support your HRE bashing is better then your facts about who owns the wheels on the GT-R; however, if your only pulling these statements out of your A** , I suggest you find something better to do with your time then argue over something so trivial.

Also, dont think Im naieve- HRE is a great wheel. Are there other wheels out there, like say a dymag, yes. Are there good wheels for less money- sure. But Ill stick with my HRE’s for the street/ light tracking.

I can’t believe some of you guys picking at the interior in the Z06, who gives a F**K! As long as its half way decent and comfortable to drive I don’t really see a problem. This isn’t the type of car you buy for the creature comforts in case you hadn’t noticed.

I would have definitely went with the Z06 if I was in your shoes, but thats just my opinion. The potential of this car is ridiculous. A decent heads and cam package with bolt ons and you’re lookin at 600rwhp, on top of that the car only weighs around 3200LBS. You guys can pick on GM all you want but that to me sounds like a very nasty setup, that would be pretty hard to beat, whether be at a drag strip, on the street or on a roadcourse. But thats if you’re into that kind of thing, if you’re looking for something to just cruise in and have the “hey look at me” factor I’d go with the Porsche. I just hate the fact that any pricey european sports car owner thinks he’s god’s gift to man.

What every you chose, I hope you’re happy and I can’t wait to see pics whether it be a Vette or a Porsche.

well said.

The interior of the Z is pretty darn nice. To be honest, it isnt as refined as some of the newer Euro cars but its not like its ancient or cheap looking.

However, this isnt a newer 911. I just wonder the shape of the interior and how it compares to a car which is almost 7 years ahead?

Im sure this buyer isnt stupid and is finding a car that has been taken care of.

Post pics of what you decide on.

Tool.

Anyways, I saw a silver 997 turbo at carquest in Blasdell yesterday, guy was buying coolant. Car looked really nice, but it was fucking silver. I needed a coil spring for an exmark walk-behind, dibbles had one in stock, fucking amazing, in case anyone was interested.

Oh and monday or tuesday on armor duelles in orchard park I saw a purple slant nose 911 with some white graphics and an enormous wide body to it. Maybe MPD knows that car.

I figured since threads like this suck I’d chime in.

Oh and go Z06.

I had a feeling this thread might get like this haha. Regardless of HRE, both cars were amazing to drive and great in their own ways. I had been looking at stepping out of the STi for a while now (about 3 years) and finally pulled the trigger… I picked something up after much research and hunting around. Greatly appreciate everyones .02. Ill toss some pictures up soon.

Agreed this thread has run its course…

What did you get!!!

:smiley:

Yeah im interested in what you have picked.

that is how you are going to leave us hanging, what are you a soap opera and the end of the season? :slight_smile:

just waiting to snap some nice pictures when this rain passes… ended up finding an unreal deal on an '03 996tt with 8.8k miles. I would say after coming out of an awd turbo the 996 felt much more at home (prob the biggest factor). The ability for the car to keep its value a lot longer left me the possibility to move into a z06 in the future if that route seems better. Either way both cars were amazing. Hope to get some pictures this weekend!

Great decision. Enjoy!

congrats…now go have some fun!

:tdown: wrong choice IMO but hey, you’re the one who has to drive it so MO doesn’t mean a whole lot.

Before I bought my M5 I would have agreed. But after hanging out with a bunch of guys with nice Porsche’s, Ferraris, Lambos, etc. I have really learned to appreciate the design, individuality, and overall qualities that set them apart from cars like the ZO6. Although I would personally still buy the ZO6 I can 100% appreciate the decision to look at and choose other options.

Can you update the thread title when you get pics in here? These guys will keep talking about whick car is better for 5 more pages… all I want to see are pics.

Congrats on the purchase.

^^ i hear you there. i had a feeling this thread would get like that but its nice to see everyone’s opinions (auto enthusiasts). if a mod can close the thread its cool or ill just change the title.

edit: how do i change a thread title haha