Thinking about buying a motard...

I take it you own one and know how they are to work on?

It’s wicked easy to work on them. If you can turn a god damn wrench you can work on the bike. If you can’t do the maintenance then you shouldn’t be buying a motard to begin with.

Give me 6 grand and you can have my bike. Seriously. :excited

If you know how to ride do not get a DRZ 400. Sooo slow and bulky. Fuck those bikes, they are fake motards.

I also wouldn’t buy a new one unless you want to get raped on sales tax. Also the 08’s have a lot of problems with the fuel injection units (first year for FI on them), so i’d stay away from that year. I guess for 09 they fixed it though…

I take it yours is carbbed?

That bike is fuckin sick!

do et

I like the Aprilla a lot, but I’m concerned about the fact that there are no local dealers… I don’t have a problem going to NYC/LI to buy the thing, but I’d like to have some place local to buy parts from…

haha, yep.

I’d be running C12 in that bitch all summer long!

my buddy just picked up a left over for i believe he said 5,800.
they had 3 and sold them at cost cause there was some spotty rust on some of the bolts from sitting in the crates. or so thats what he told me.

he lives by lake george and i’m pretty sure the dealer was in that area.

no shit! can you get me the info on the dealer?

Who sells Aprilla’s around here? Actually I like Chris’s Husky more.

You do realize Spitzie’s on Central Ave is an Aprilia dealer right? I went there to find out info last year about the new RSV-4

Yep, Spitzie’s sells Aprilia. I love those bikes so much. Only downfall to the husky is parts are somewhat hard to get (you have to get them online), but it’s not really a big deal since they are pretty damn reliable.

Spitzies needs to get with the program… They aren’t listed on Aprilia’s site as a dealer… WTF!

The only husqvarna dirtbike i have ever rode was a 450 and it was smooth, the hydro controls were nice thing compared to my yzf 450s cable shit.

i will contact him on monday, he’s out of town right now.

the down side to the aprilla’s is the dealers dont seem to carry alot of parts, the order’s take for ever to get here.

Most of the bikes out there have ridiculous maintenance schedules. Buy my BMW its reliable, gets great gas mileage, the maintenance is low and you can ride it anywhere.

one of our customers has almost 225k on his bmw bike

Yea they are crazy. They just keep going and going and going.

thats what i said i couldnt belive it

What about the KTM 450 SMR?