Thinking about buying a motard...

wow these bikes are so sick. i wish i learned to ride when i was younger.

there it is sexy and powerfull :bowdown

It’s not too bad really, especially if you can do your own maintenance. And there’s no reason why you shouldn’t because it’s so easy. I just did my valve check last night, took me 30 mins from the time I put the bike on the stand until I took it off and put it away. And that includes piss breaks, talking on the phone, etc. It’s well worth it in the end. If you don’t want to do maintenance then either don’t buy one or get a DRZ and have fun riding the equivalent of an XR100 on the roads :lol I actually enjoy working on my bike, it gives me something to do…

Its not that I dont maintain things its the fact that you have to buy oil every week or two its money that could be spent on gas for riding. I dont know about you but I usually put at least 100 miles on my bike every ride and when you have to change your oil every 500 it gets old. My bike is just as fun but when you changing your oil Im riding. BMW says dont even bother checking your valves until after 24k.

Jim I found a bike for you…

http://www.gasgas.com/supmot515.htm

:ahh

Thanks man!

I don’t really car for BMW bikes in general, on top of that, I’m looking for something that looks like a full-on dirtbike with a motard conversion

I like the KTM a lot, it’s on my list!

Gas Gas makes a serious bike! We actually passed a Gas Gas dealer on 7 when we went out to NH.

I have a KTM 625SMC. It has a ton of power, and is on rails in turns. Can run on a highway all day if it needed to. Wont be screaming at 80. but also it wont do much over 95mph given it is a open plastic bike and aerodynamically challenged. Piece of cake to work on. I love it, but I would sell it… I want the Hypermotard!!!

Are you really looking to sell that bike?

i broke my phone and can’t retrieve any numbers from phone it… i’m waiting on another buddy to get his number , to get u the info.

I’m thinking about selling mine. Jim want to buy it? :lol

man how many bikes can u fuckin go thru u must be at the DMV ALL THE TIME

They’ll tag your ass as a dealer trying to avoid dealer fees soon. :lol

Actually, I may have just made that up. I have no idea if bikes work the same as cars.

It’s so funny riding the thing with street bikes. The sport bikes are usually riding all composed and normal… then there’s my goofy ass on the SMR bouncing up and down, flailing my legs all over the place and generally riding like a complete goon. People look at me and laugh all the time at my shenanigans :lol

but yet ur quiet and innocent when ur sober around people :lol

I love fooling people. :slight_smile:

how much?

$6000 and I’ll give you my $500 Icon Jacket and $100 Icon Gloves.

I didn’t know there was a Gas Gas dealer around! Their quads are SICK.

You know what I miss, VOR. They were SWEET ASS bikes! I think the one I always liked was the 570 or 604… Can’t remember exactly.