Thinking about buying an e90...

So I will be in the market for a new car soon and I have been leaning towards an e90. Just looking for input from anyone that owns one or knows anything that might help me out.
I definitely want a 6spd, as well as the sport package, not sure about any other packages or options or years to avoid. This will be a DD for me but I still want a fun car.

what are you thinking about grabbing andy?
335?

ehh idk, im looking at mpg, mainly highway since that all i drive one, and getting closer to 30mpg sounds better, with a 330i or 328i. 335 seems to be more like 25mpg, and i drive almost 20k a year. plus although id LIKE the extra power it would probably only get me in trouble. def want a sedan though.

my 335 gets 30 hwy… :slight_smile: doo it… just not mine, its not for sale

you have an 07?

there are a decent amount of 335s in your area from what i remember last time i looked for myself

edit:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=503923

ill drive it to sd for ya

edit edit:
nice cpo coupe in your area…
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510030

to expect 30 every day on the highway from any of them is unrealistic… it can be done, but real world is more like mid 20s highway

The difference between 25 and 30 mpg is $530 a year. Seems like a pretty minor expense if you can really afford to play in the luxury sports sedan market.

Mine is an 07… around town i get 21-22… hwy has been as high as 32 mpg (that was the road trip home when i bought it)

I must be heavy footed… I only get 19MPG average in my '08 335. :slight_smile:

As for getting one, the Sport Package seats are essential IMHO. The normal seats just seem to open and you slide around.
I also love my HK speaker system, which was a must when I bought my car. If you look at a car that has it, there is a center speaker in the dash if the car has it equipped. It will be a plastic cover if it doesn’t.

Congrats on making the E90 decision :tup:

Mines an e92, that may make a difference.

6 spd, stock, sport, etc etc

whats your reasoning? my drive is almost the exact same every day, get on the freeway around the corner and drive between 75-80 for about 20mins to work. never really hit traffic

if you hypermile it or literally drive 100% highway and never floor it you might squeeze out almost 30… but it’s not going to happen for 9/10 people.

I have an 07 E90 335i. I get 23 mpg on an average, on the highway 25-26ish. However like others said, what’s an extra few bucks in fuel cost for a little more fun. Also Jeller’s brother had a 330i and got rid of it. My dad had a 325 for a while, and it was kinda underpowered and didn’t do that much better on fuel economy.

I could get into a long comparison of good and bad, but at the end of the day, if I sold my car, I’d probably replace it with another 335i.

X…

The fuel cost is not that big, but the price of a 325 compared to 335 is about $8k. If I were you I would get a 325/328 6 speed, no temptation to mod, just get in and drive, less shit to break as well

Uggghhh my brother just got rid of his minty clean 330 with sports/6spd/premium/BT/Ipod etc… about a week too late on that one. But I would bet a 335i anyways, few $$$ on a proced/JB3/Cobb tune and you will be more than happy.