Thinking about picking up a 2001 Grand Cherokee

Found a Laredo, I always wanted one for whatever reason, now I may purchase. 2001 White/Gray, 55K miles, Gray Leather, Heated Seats, Sunroof, CD/Cass 4WD all other options, etc. It is V6 so it wont have a huge punch compared to the 4.7 V8 but I know I will get a little better MPG atleast.

The dealer wants $13,500. I know that is high but I have a solid offer in mind, as it has been on the lot for a while. I want an SUV for some reason and this one is so unbelievabley clean, not a ding I could find, interior has no rips or anything like that.

What would be a fair price for this truck? Anything specific to this year and model I should look out for, unexpected repairs, maintence issues? Thanks.

Tony

they’re nice trucks, usually very reliable. i would personally try and save some cash and look into 98 ltd versions, 5.9l v8, pretty beefy and you could still get it with all options you’re looking for, for around maybe 8k with decent miles.

Believe me I wanted one of those first, they were the first one I ever liked. But they get like 12city 15hwy MPG. But they were the fastest SUV in 1998. I do like the 99-05 style though.