Thinking about Selling my acura

well it’s about $5,000 more MSRP so I think if they would come down that much, then they would come down just as much as the civic no?

What model civic are you looking at?

EX

im guessing you were looking at the coupe in both Civic and Accord, personally I wouldn’t buy a coupe in the Accord because its priced higher for some reason that I don’t understand, if I was looking for a good economical comfortable car I would buy the Accord Special Edition MSRP is $21,625 and if your stubborn about it I’d say you could prolly get one out the door for under 20k and if you get lucky and can find an 07 at the end of the year you may even get a better deal since there are supposed to be changing the accord

Also one thing is that the Accord has a 5 spd auto tranny and its very nice.

I looked up the Mazda3 5 door like you mentioned you liked above and MSRP is $19,225 for the base model. its almost $2,500 difference. Its all up to you in the end. The Accord is a nice car though. I haven’t had the chance to drive a Mazda3 so I can’t compare performance.

I do not know these vehicles so take my advice for what its worth.

well i would first test drive booth cars see how they ride feel etc.

next i would look into maintance and what parts cost. like brakes rotors etc.

3rd i think its cheaper to get a car in PA over MD but i am not posotive

I was looking at the Sedan in the Civic, the MSRP I saw was $19,000 and the MSRP for the Accord was about $24,000. So sure I could talk down the accord some, but I could also talk down the civic some. So in the end the civic will cost less. I did test drive both the civic and the mazda 3. They both felt the same driving, but I like the look of the Mazda more. Of course I’m a Honda girl - I’m thinking I will make a list of pros and cons.

Of course the point of the thread is how much is the acura worth. The interior is pretty decent. Non-smoker, no pets and pretty clean. I’m hoping to get $3000 off of craigs list, but who knows. Thanks for the input guys!

accords dont sell any more since they redesigned the civic for 06 that is the reason why the accord is going thru a change for 08

so i bet you can talk them down on the accord especially at the end of the model year

x2. I love the 3’s. My friend just bought an 04 hatch for 12k and my dad just bought an 07 3s sedan. both feel quicker than the newest base model civics and IMO have a much nicer interior. They handle exceptionally well and my dad is getting 33mpg in a 75/25 mix of highway / city commute. I honestly think it’s the best value out there for something that is torquey and fun to drive. My dad didn’t like the power out of the ex that he drove at all. I think HP numbers might be similar between the cars, but the mazda has more torque and delivers it lower.

If I recall the speed3 is 268hp and 240-ish TQ.

Thats because the 3 has a 2.3 4cyl and the Civic has a 1.8 4cyl of course there is gonna be a difference but that 2.3 is the same motor I had in my 6 and gas mileage went down the pooper for it after it hit like 60k miles and it was only getting like 23/24 mpg on the highway and most of the tune up parts you can only get from the dealer and they are $$$

Civic gets close to 40 mpg and the auto gets close to 42 mpg depending on how you drive too lol :burnout:

put it on CL for at least 4000- or 4500 its worth it you will get it!

go Mazda. every time i see a girl in a mazda it makes me swoon. mazda > honda.

^ they may be hotter, but I think the civic is going to last longer and have a better resale value

x3048309842

Here is what I can tell you…Ive owned assorted mazdas the better part of the last decade mainly 1st and second gen mx6s…about 5 yrs ago I bought my girl an mx3 …the predecessor to the mazda 3…It was her 1st car she beat the snot out of it and finally wrecked it last winter with 187k on the clock and the only thing replaced the entire time we owned it was 1 axle…

It’s a new car with a warranty, who cares how hard it is to work on. That is what the dealer is for.

The new fords and gm’s are getting much better at reliability and some are even better than the imports. The civic could be a lemon and go for 10 miles and break, so could the mazda.

so wut about the acura integra… still selling it … i think i may be interested? pics price etc n e thing done to it etc lemme no all about the car she wants to sell im in need of a cheap car… mines going to shit real real soon the rolled over pos

So to give you all an update. The dealership I am working with is trying to locate a CRV that fits my details. Should they find it then I’ll be buying it. I think I’ll be taking my acura up to Carmax to get a quote, but Honda will beat it - i just need something in writing. crosses finger hopefully all will go well. They have already tried feeding me the line - “well if it has any extras we will have to charge you for that” so I replied with, “sorry I’m going to buy a car for the amount we agreed upon, I don’t need a car right now, so I can wait for the right one” :slight_smile:

I am glad to see you are not rushing into buying a new car…most people get screwed and dealers love impulse buyers

good luck on the rest of the search

^ Thanks! :slight_smile:

Get a Nissan :wink: