Thinking of buying Del Sol... USEFUL comments?

i’m looking for something honda to tote around in coz i drive alot and am looking for reliability as well as plenty of market for upgrade.

i found a few del sols around my area, and one in particular doesn’t look that bad, has most of the visual things that i would usually do after motor work on it has already, but has high miles. it is a 1.6 NON- Vtec SI 5-speed, can’t remember the year right now but i was debating buying it and slapping a turbo kit that i have laying around on it, not sure what kind of boost but nothing crazy coz though i know it will drop reliability, i’m not going to push my limits with it too much, probably like 8 psi?

opinions or known problems of Del Sols that might be useful for me to look for when i check it out.

any info or links to turboing del sols

anything about them you feel like sharing that could be deemed as useful, i know atleast half of you on here would give me the buy a mustang or camaro thing, but i need to get myself a car fast and i’m half set on this one unless i find something really wrong about them.

thanks in advance

jay i know you said to post usefull things but i dont have any so im jsut going to tell you that the Del Sol is one of my altime least faveriot looking cars

it looks like a FWD car that is pretending to be a Mid engine RWD car

i know its not usefull just thought i would post

reasons? flaws?

Probably the size of the cabin has to do with it. My sister had a 93. Im beating around in it right now. Watch for targa roof leaks.

Mod wise there the same as any 5th gen Civic platform. Tons of potential, bseries swaps require no mounts. Turboing one is pretty much the same as doing a 5th gen civic.

if you get it… make sure you put a fart canister on it… that’ll make it fast as hell!

ha ha

ha ha ha

ha

ha, man that sure was useful. and good job noticing how this is in the ON TOPIC section

i’ll make sure i get a super special loud fart canister just for you

told him the same thing

yea def watch for roof leaks a little vasoline will fix small ones but the roof seals are crazy bucks… the non vtec is not the si… they made the single cam non vtec has drum rears, no sway bars etc… the si is the single cam vtec and rear disc was an option… and the vtec model that has the b16a dohc, bigger 4 wheel disc… upper and lower strut bars

they crush easily in a collision… one hit my rear bumper… i got afew scratches and a bent tail pipe… he needed a new hood, bumper, rad support, headlights, fog lights, and fender

this was a 5-10 mph collision

yea but they are not that hard to fix… how i got mine
![http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/how i bought the car.jpg](http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/how i bought the car.jpg)

kid says this one is a 94 SI non-vtec 5-speed, it has 4 wheel disc and i’m not sure what other things might be on the SI models to check for. i’m not really sure how i’d check for targa leaks though, the one i am looking at is a targa model.

http://therice.org/rice/graphicl/cooking1.gif

i think there ugly but do what ya wanna

i agree to no end that they are near hideous stock, but add some stuff and i’ve seen a few i wouldn’t mind toting around in for work and such.

correction, i went and drove the car today, it is an SI, with the SOHC VTEC engine. sorry

easy to fix yeah took hima day… cost him like a grand + in parts though… had to go through honda for a lot of shit

this thing amazes me, i inspected the shit out of it today and there isn’t a spot of rust on it, esp. for being a 94 honda anything… roof has no leaks either

go for it then

i would say get it… no rust single cam vtec si is a sweet car… and the best part is that motor was used from late 92 to 97 in the del sol and 92 -95 in the civic ex so if you ever had an issue its easy to fix

i hope you get a box of tampons with it

sounds like a winner to me too. It was a blast running around in nummy’s that had the gsr swap in it. Just watch out for whores that call it girly.