This Is Some Cool Shit...

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=32959

thats sweet

impressive, and prolly worth it for quite a few setups.

Just need to “mount” the main in a tray, and cable it off to the optical & hard drives.

Overclocking was cool when it was about buying a cheap CPU and overclocking it to be as good as the more expensive model. But spending $400 a gallon, and who knows how much more to keep the fluid cold, just to overclock? The picture looks to be about a 20-30 gallon aquarium. Do the math and that’s around $10000 just in fluid! That’s just retarded.

Still, I have to admit the idea of having my PC sitting here on my desk at work, submerged in an aquarium, is intriguing.

IB SC_Steve says hey it looks like its submersed in water.

its been done for a while now, but this is the first “affordable” way of doing it. i know people that have been doing similar shit now for 5+ years.

:lol:

:rofl: hahhahaha!

Anytime you can cool a liquid to 100 degrees below the freezing point of water and still have liquid is cool… pun intended…

so it doesnt conduct electricity ??? …

Not one bit.

If that ish is so cold why isn’t there condensation or frost built up on the glass?

Because it’s not. It CAN go that cold…

I’m not impressed until I see it shatter a Cyberdyne System’s T-1000.

thats why I say try and submerge just the board. the rest of the parts can be extended away… :gotme:

That article makes it seem as though this is some new breakthrough for overclockers. Which, ok it might be cool to try, but the companies website lists applications like ion implantation (colliding ions at high speeds into semiconductors), cooling towers, and radar assemblies. No wonder the price is outside the scope of the home overclocker.

Does have some cool properties though pourable from -160F wont boil off til nearly 160F. No wonder they say its good for uranium productin too.