thoughts on buffalo devlopement

Vote Pegula…

details?

Bump for the Mayor’s big announcement about taking bids for developing the Webster block! :wink:

Hahah. “Bids”. I laugh that people still believe city jobs are a fair shot.

Anyther Buffalo development:
http://www.buffalonews.com/city/communities/buffalo/article793417.ece
The medical campus is expanding but people in the fruit belt are complaining about their blocks.

I said the Mayor was taking bids not the City of Buffalo.:wink:

ARE YOU SERIOUS! leveling the fruitbelt (as well as 60% of the other garbage blocks in dt buffalo) for the sake of medical campus expansion,is prob the best thing the city can do to move foreward.

I wonder if any houses in the area they are thinking of expanding are for sale? Buy houses mad cheap…wait till offer of buyout (which according to the buff news is already happening)…profit?

Wait until the historical people get involved. Fuxored!

Read the article. Part of the worry is citizens in the area are getting calls from people wanting to buy the properties already.

The only way the owners will be able to sell is if they burn their houses down first. lol

I could be a paid arsonist.

If a major Buffalo team wins a national championship, the fruit belt will be the first place for the riots to start burning shit.

if buffalo was more accepting of development i wouldnt have had to move away.

some of the shit in the area will be bought out and torn down as the medical campus expands. those people need to quit their bitching and see it as a positive.

i got into this arguement with my mother because she doesnt see the benefit of moving childrens to the medical corridor and just resorts to asking “whatll happen with the old building then its just another empty building”

so tear the shit down and put in green space if no one wants to move in. who cares. theres actually companies that are profitable from buying buildings and tearing them down.

I saw the channel 4 news blurb that a developer interested in waterfront property wants to back out because the No Fucking Transportation Authority wants to change the stipulations of the deal. I swear, every time NFTA comes up they are fucking over any progress they are involved with. If I were a developer I wouldn’t even buy gas on my way through this town. Currently working on rehabing a long vacant commercial building (in a town which will remain nameless for now) and the building department was helpful and actually excited to see some progress. Waterfront cooperation and waterfront stupidity are separated by about 8 miles.

+1 for the construction of more grain elevators.

I thought there was a more recent thread but…

There is an article in last week’s Business First about the $8.1 billion dollars of development in the region. They wrote the article because most may be shocked at that number, including some big time local developers. (It includes $1,000,000+ projects in Erie and Niagara since 2010.)