Thrasher Funds?

I’d like to start investing sooner rather than later.

So I started looking around, I stumbled upon thrasherfunds a few weeks ago.

I don’t really know anything about investing, but this is geared towards young people so I thought maybe it would be a good idea.

has anyone heard anything about them? or are there other types of investments that are geared toward n00b investors?

you have the cash for this?

katie got a promotion

seems like clever marketing aimed at youth who know better. there is nothing here that no other fund will do, which is try to make as much $$ as possible. i would recommned something else more “traditional”

remember there is no such thing as low risk, high return

It is a very young fund with no track record. Do you have a 401k set up yet?

It’s a higher risk fund, keep that in mind. My 403b is a mixture of high and low risk funds, I found a financial advisor through word of mouth and he helped me understand things. I would recommend going that route. If they offer a 401k at your job sign up and put as much as you feel comfortable into that. If they match what you put in then even better. If they don’t offer a 401k look into a Roth IRA.

:tup: to investing young.

first off, if your company has a 401k, match what they will match. don’t put any more than that into it at this time. Then work towards maxing out a ira/roth ira. you can do up to 5k this year. when you max tboth them out, then look into outside investments

see: Boiler Room

:mamoru:

thanks for the advice, i’ll be avoiding this.

thats all i was thinking about while i was reading their website.

I max out my 401K at 15%…They take it out every week. At first your like nooo… but it doesn’t hurt that much when you realize you will be able to retire at 55 if you want to and still live nicely. I’m only 22 and have somewhere in the range of a new R6 already saved in my 401k. :slight_smile: Invest as much as you can when your young is all the rave DO IT!! I think it helps you later or something dumb.

It looks sketchy.