Thread: Time to get ready for Spring! GIAC performance flash specials now in effect

Through April 30th.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-j4gZ5QTTq90/UTip4UPbClI/AAAAAAABNDY/RQAfT8WbioM/s800/GIACspecials%20Spring%2013.jpg

Call, PM or email to set up an appointment.

:tup:

maybe this is a dumb question, but could someone explain the difference between the 1x option and the Loaded option? Fiancee has an '07 A4 2.0T quattro and has been been considering getting flashed.

1x means one program, typically the 91/93 octane performance file.

Loaded means all options:
Performance
100 octane
Stock
Kill
Valet

Makes sense, thank you. Obviously you’re a GIAC dealer, but any benefit to GIAC over APR or any other software? We’re looking for a no-maintenance, set-it-and-forget-it tune that she doesn’t have to think about.

Here’s the reason I’m a GIAC dealer. They do nothing but software upgrades. No turbos, no brakes, no exhaust, no diverter valves, etc. Software only, and they’re good at it. When larger tuner companies like AWE tuning, VF Engineering, and others develop a hardware kit, they go to GIAC for software. Their stuff just works, and works well. They don’t delete codes, force readiness, or any of that other funky stuff. Certainly makes things much easier to diagnose if the time ever comes that the car has some sort of engine management issue (sensors, actuators) and various codes aren’t suppressed.

So yes, in a nutshell, set it and forget it, just like that wonderful Ronco Showtime rotisserie.

Ive been trying to find a local software tuner to do my 99 audi a4 and ive heard great things about black forest & giac. how long would it take to do the tune, could i just drive my car down to you guys and have it done in a day?

We can do it in about 90 minutes, as long as we have an appointment set up for you ahead of time. One of the keys here is that your computer needs to be virgin, meaning never chipped.

Last few days for the Spring special, and appointment blocks are filling up fast.