GIAC or APR?!

Well. Time has come to get the A6 rolling lol.
Plan as of right now get it chipped-downpipes-exhaust. Turbo will have to wait.
Let me know what you guys prefer and have experience with.

its for a 2000 Audi A6 2.7T Tiptronic.

And what does GIAC stand for? and the same for APR?

Check out vw vortex for more info on those two companies. I have heard good things about both of them though.

GIAC = Garrett Integrated Automotive Corp.
APR = Audi Performance and Racing

And I chose Garrett (and had a choice between many) to sell.

I like the GIAC and will be getting it for my VR6 this spring.

i loved my upsolute 1bar chip, but now i moved on to GIAC… i feel like its more agressive than the APR’s ive been in, not to mention GIAC just had better programs for my car, like the 104octane program, etc…

giac. i love it.

GIAC.
I love my MTM, but it was not in your options. You have been in my car before, gotta love how smooth the MTM is. TOTPD liked it too lol.

lol they did love it lol

giac

I had APR and loved it

i had APR in my old 1.8T… loved it… held great boost with my FMIC and other various equipment…

how much is the price difference for the GIAC and the APR?
I cant seem to find the price for the GIAC

dave, get apr and get vtune,

advantage is you have a safe, smooth reliable tune that doesnt sac. fuel economy, and then you can use you cruse control stalk and switch between a vtune setting, and you can use your own laptop to do the tuning…

giac is a nice program, but apr is much safer…

=) best of luck :tup:

I had/have an APR chip and exhaust in my B5 1.8T. I drove and raced the car for… 3 years or so? And my younger brother has it now. All told it’s got maybe 60k miles on it with the mods, daily driven all year, and nary a problem to be had. I never drove any GIAC tuned cars, but I don’t think you can go wrong with them either.

giac ftw