Finally chipping the jetta ... which chip ??

some say that giac sqeezes alot of hp out of your motor and isnt good in the long run…then theres apr …and neuspeed.Anyone have any input ?? probably have it done in the fall

i had Revo Technik stage 2, i peaked 23psi in 3rd-5th gears all day long
for that youll need a 4.0 bar FPR,

APR’s software is the least agressive of the bunch, but they are smooth and reliable and they have a dealer right in albany now neuspeeds 1.8t software sucks, i dont think anyone has used it in like 7 years

find a dealer and pick one of the following

APR 93 program
GIAC X+
REVO stage 1/2

I had Giac loved it never had a problem with it hasnt seemed to do any damaged to the GLI with around 51 K on it las time I had the Turbo off it was in great shape with 8 months on the chip. I can get u a little deal on the Giac chips

if i were to start out with a stock car it would be apr chip. it deffinatly ran alot harder then my car with the giac chip. i rode in my buddy’s giac x+ 20th and it pulled hard. i got pulled by an apr car with a chip and cai when i had full bolt ons. my turbo was on its way out i think. but oh well. apr is close and i think they are still doing the waterfest ale. so it would be around 450 for two programs i think.

thats because your car was hurting man. my Revo stage 2 with just a ebay downpipe and an exhaust beat up on a 04.5 gli with a fmic,giac x+,abd intake manifold,v-flow, and a full 3inch exhaust. it was just him in the car and i had a passenger… id say do whatever is closer at this point, APR makes good software and they are very customer oriented. i talked with Keith from APR about some new software theyve got coming out, and im not really an APR guy, but it sounds awesome :ninja

yea thinking about going the apr route …plus is local :banana … ill let you guys no what im doing …

Thanks

APR Bro, just tell them what mods you have, SIDE EXIT, 3" DP,COLD AIR, BOV,(ext).

mods done matter its a basic 93 map, when your chipping its expected you have atleast an exhaust. im not sure if APR requires a 4bar FPR, but ive got one i can sell you… and a CAI is a waste of money on the stock turbo. its been proven time and again. that side exhaust is rediculous, id rip it off with my car.

haa i like the side exit … its loud …ha understatement … yea once i sell some of my honda shit and wrking … ill have enough for apr … :banana

loud and sounding good… not always on the same team.

i think it does and looks good… made the car mine …

i guess if loud an obnoxious are traits you like, then sure why not.good luck with the road hazards that thing wouldnt last long on my car, would scrape all over

yea should be fine … my old exhausts have been lower

good luck with the tickets youngian. loud, tint, young kid driving… the odds arent with you

yeaa i no … had a honda with the same …

ive got APR on my car, its nice and smooth.