APR on Dyno?

Anyone have actual Dyno readouts from an APR stage 1 tune? I’m getting it done to my 07 GTI on Monday and I’m curious if the HP and torque gains are what they say it is.

nobody here. But I am sure online somewhere you can find some. But without baseline first, flash and another pull, I would take them with a grain of salt.

A reflash on stock hardware, even intake/exhaust isn’t going to “blow your mind” at the differences. Noticeable yes, faster than a stock 07 gti next to you, yes. But until you get into major changes you might be slightly disappointed.

BUT its a steping stone in the right direction. Makesure when you get it flashed, they unlock “APR Tune” the software that lets you change the boost, timing, adaptive fueling, idle rpm, etc. So when you add more stuff later you can get a vag com + laptop + free apr software + someone who knows what they are doing to make slight changes to “tune” it better.

ALSO, get what ever “deletes” they have as options on the flash. Stage 1, as I remember, from ARP only allows secondary O2 delete (cat delete). So you can delete the cats and not throw a code.

ALSO, ALSO… get it Imobilizer defeated too. So when you are sick of the ECU and need better software you can sell it and it wont be stuck to your dash cluster like glue (they must match or the car doesnt run).

My honest opinion, spend a bit more for Maestro. I think there are files for “stage 1” or stock cars. But that lets you hardset readyness, delete everything under the sun, fully unlocked (not just adaptive junk like APR Tune) and has a full tuning suite behind it. Pass inspections EVERYTIME and have endless limits to expand the car out if you see fit later on.

APR WILL NOT, tune you anything past a “stage 1” flash. So later on if you ever went big turbo or what ever, you are looking at Unitronic or Maestro re-flash anyway… Effectivly throwing away $600.

What do you want out of the car now, AND later? Where are you going with the car.

This is one of the things you def. need to plan ahead on.

This was with a carbino intake and Cat delete. for reference.

/\ and wheres the baseline? Correction factor? Dyno type? Dyno location? Dyno operator/shop?

BTW mike in your sig In-complete is incomplete no dash

I was like, wait how did he know there was no dash in those cars… Ohhhhhhhh this “-”!!!

LOL

:hug

Go with united motorsport .

I tried to go with United but A.S.S. couldn’t hook it up. edit I totally understand it wasn’t their fault and they’ve been nothing but AWESOME but I guess they couldn’t contact the guy. It was United’s issue. BUT, I also got to thinking, what if I had a problem and needed to contact United myself?

I’m under the impression that APR has MULTIPLE stages available including a new Stage 3+ type tune. The one I’m getting Monday has Stage 1 and 2 included with the ability to switch between the two with the cruise control buttons. So if I ever went for some additional hardware, I could just switch to Stage 2 myself.

Yes APR has 3 things to choose from. S1 for a stock turbo intake/exhaust and FMIC. S2 for a step up from tiny injectors/FPR to baby injectors/fpr. K04 kit in there somewhere which is a cunt hair bigger than the stock turbo, and still smaller than the stock TT turbo, S3 for THEIR replacement “big” turbo kit.

Again, what will the car do for you in the long run?

If you ever think about changing the turbo, or building the bottom end APR stage 1/2 isnt going to work. Flat out. And they wont sell you a Stage 3+ tune WITHOUT buying their full over priced, under producing kit. Even if you bought the kit 2nd hand, they piss and moan about flashing your ecu with their software.

If the ecu isnt IMO defeated, you cant sell it to anyone with a 2.0 GTI without selling your cluster along with it, when you need to flash the ecu for something “stage 3” wise, IE bigger turbo and much bigger injectors.

I am fully aware how APR works, I had one in my jetta when I stated it, then I got rid of it and flashed to Unitronic for my 3076r setup thinking they would release the fully unlocked Uni software like they hinted at (allowing me to tune ANYTHING in the ecu). They changed it to dealer only gets the software to make changes, so thats why Maestro is the way to go now.

My brothers A4 is APR flashed becasue it will never see a bigger turbo. I also worked on 3 other APR flashed cars for people in the last 2 years. APR is only worth it if the car will never see anything past an intake, exhaust and intercooler. ANYTHING past that and its worthless and VERY limited.

If that United stuff allows you to use some software to make changes how you see fit like Maestro then go with that if Maestro is out of the budget.

i thought you can put any ecu in any car with that uses the same ecu code. it would have to be adapted in using vag-com before it runs. i did it on my mk4 1.8t golf. eurodyne or unitronic, like kk menthioned if you want to get a stage 3 down the road you will only pay 200-300 more if you already have the stage 1

Gotcha. I don’t think I’m going to do any more engine work past this for some time so this seems right. I may lower the car next or play around with the interior or wheels but further engine work is $$$ that I don’t have…unfortunately. Now, when I pay off the car and eventually turn it into a monster…

Ditto. Then do up the APR stuff then. Def. get the IMO-Defeat, the APR Tune unlocked and the “cat delete”. They should be free, just options when you fill out the card.

IMO defeat being #1. Not only for re-sale if need be, but being locked into IMO and forgetting your pin in a parking lot sucks. Call a tow truck.

Not exactly. Its not “adapted”. The ECU and the gauge cluster have SKC Codes, think VIN or a serial number. Those two must match and talk to eachother or the car wont run. If you know how (I dont, and from what I understand its not an easy task) to get into the ecu in Vag-com, you start with the stock ecu and cluster, un-modified. Scan into it and find the SKC Code, write them down. Then when you swap out one of the two pieces (ECU if say you got one second hand somehow, or say a different gauge cluster), vag com in and change the code on the unknown device.

Like I said I havnt personally done it, but this information comes from VW service techs, APR reps, and Uni reps I spoke to in the last few years messing with dubs.

Had it tuned last night at North American Motorsports…Holy Hell is she fun to drive! I romped all over the highway on my way home and I can’t #$%&*&%# wait for some country driving!

BADASS! what tune did you end up getting? Glad you like it.

APR Stage 1 with Stock, 93, 100, Valet, and Lockout for $600.

WRITE DOWN THE PIN for the lock out!

or have AAA ready.

No cat delete or IMO disable?

Nah, no cat delete or IMO disable. I’m not looking to make a track day car. If, and when I do, I imagine I’ll need a different program anyway. Highest I’m looking for now would be stage 2+ and that’s probably a year or two off.