ARP chip

I just got my Audi TT chipped at Broadway Auto. I got the 93 octane program. It doesn’t even feel like the car I bought anymore! It’s amazing! Have any of you VW/Audi guys have APR chips? If so what are you opinions?

i had a giac chip, it was good, my buddy’s got an apr chip and its good. i now have Eurodyne software and its good.

edit: broadway is now an apr dealership? wow, thats nice to know.

Yea. I found them on APR’s website:

http://goapr.com/Audi/dealer/map.php?cntry=USA?388,81

Ugh. You let Rick touch your car. Good luck.

He was kinda rude too. He tried to tell me there was a bunch of crap wrong with my car too, because he didn’t like my forge DV. He even tried to tell my my rear end was bad. He didn’t like it when I said it’s a CPO and I’ll let the dealer look at it then.

That’s Rick. He is perhaps one of the most hated people in 3SI History.

Is that the guy that lied about something? And I didnt know it was a secret and basically told everyone on 3si?

The story of Rick is indeed funny

1. Charged several 3SI members ridiculous amounts of money for rebuilds
  2. Made a huge thread and called out Ray (He is the Shep of 3SI) stating he lied about a run regardless timeslip exists and MANY witnesses
  3. Stated on APG he went 11.89 @ 125 on 550CC/15G setup
  4. Blew up his motor/turbos because on the first WOT run, he forgot to install the EBC properly and hit 40PSI on pump gas
  5. Said he was an ex-navy seal.
  6. etc…

OH YA thats right…he blew up becuase of the boost controller, and I didnt know it was a secret so i said it on 3si that thats why he blew up and he got pissed and I think started shit talking me LOLOLOL

I kinda thought he may be shady when he tried to charge me $100 more than what APR has on their site for the chip. I made him go on the computer to APR’s site 1st. Then hes like oh, yea you have the 1.8T, not the 2.0T. If I didn’t know what engine was in my car he probably would have ripped me off. He was trying to play me for an idiot.

The fact he tried to make it seem like it was a 2.0fsi makes him look like a complete douchetard
p.s. I have an apr chip in the turbo-s, finally put it into the 13’s with just the chip. The only thing is the factory computer is now toast and has an internal check sum error fault which is non fixable.(unless your a software engineer) So i now have two ecm’s one for “edit”, the other is the chipped unit.

Why would he have a beef with a Forge DV? They are probably the best after market one for your application. Much better than the junk plastic Bosch one for sure.

Wow! That’s EXACTLY Rick and the reason I wont spend a dime at his shop again.

Yup, sounds like Rick, allright. He kept insisting that my car will sound like shit and tinny if i had an exhaust built, vs buying one for a ridiculous amount. HAH! eat my ass, “tinny”.

OP: nice nice, just kinda dont go back there anymore, man. Ive got the APR chip with the 93 program on my car. I added a K&N intake filter and TT DV valves and it was just fine, shit…it still is! Also, nice Audibot!

Sidenote: After talking to Rick a few times, i decided I wouldn’t let him touch my car. For some reason he seems to have that holier-than-thou attitude. I was talking to him about an exhaust for my car and he was like “get piggie pipes” and after I compared the cost of him doing piggie pipes for me and the exhaust Dave at Inline built for me…well, lets just say I laughed at one of the numbers and got myself a full turboback instead of piggies.

yea i got mine chipped about a month ago… he did have an atitude…But got it done and no complaints with the chip. He said there moving more up to menands the shop i guess soon.He said there are gonna be alot of bays and some car washes

:lol

More Rick BS.

Where’s his 3000SQ FT shop with AWD dyno? That shit was supposed to be there years ago.

Wait, sorry. He was busy with his Navy Seal training.

Which one at broadway auto is rick?

http://www.broadwayautoclinic.com/aboutus.htm

Ahh nvm when you guys said broadway auto i was thinking abotut the one here in rotterdam ;D

toolbox