Three dead after car hits group of people in Voorheesville

I’ve had a flip flop catch on the back of the brake pedal when going from the gas to the brake before, but then I just kept moving my foot over until the pedal was between the bottom of my foot and the sandal, and stopped like nothing happened.

Of course people are blaming their incompetance on stuck accelerators. With the media and public shitstorm that resulted from a lexus that was fitted with an incorrectly sized floor mat designed for a different vehicle accelerating out of control with the driver saying “jesus take the wheel” instead of grinding the car to a stop against the guard rail or throwing on the parking brake and taking their chances (or, you know, just stomping the brake pedal), suddenly not knowing how to operate your car became the manufacturer’s fault.

This graph that you posted a while back tells it all. Totally normal amount of compaints until the CHP lexus incident, then it skyrocketed. Did skynet decide at that point to signal all toyotas to go homocidal (including older models that had previously had no issues with this before that point), or did people just latch on to a convenient excuse out of trouble? It doesn’t take much knowledge of statistics to see what’s really going on.

I need to stop reading about the discussion of this issue for a little bit. Makes me kind of sick to think about it all. Maybe go play some violent computer games. I gotta chill out.