Three dead after car hits group of people in Voorheesville

I think the only flippin’ and floppin’ in this story would be the poor old women getting tossed around by a this vehicle, which was obviously piloted by a retard.

I personally tested how well a highlander will stop with the accelerator floored back when everyone started flipping out about the runaway toyota farce. Basically I wanted to make sure my girlfriend knew what to do in case her car took off on her (or any car). She’s not an idiot and knew what to do. Result of my test? Highlanders stop pretty hard if you stomp on the brakes, and the brakes pretty quickly tell the engine to fuck off. They also can easily be swatted into neutral. We then popped the hood and found that her car has standard cable throttle bodies (last year they came that way iirc) instead of DBW.

I also know that highlanders happen to be very controllable driving across fields at speed. I see no reason at all for this person to have been unable to either stop or turn while leaving the pavement.

My guess is that they were on some sort of meds. Someone mentioned xanax earlier. That would certainly make someone totally zone out enough to not notice going off the road, especially if you mixed it with something.

This woman better see some charges.

We were on there for kegs and eggs too. I was in a video :rofl

just said on the news that Toyota is coming to investigate the car and the “black box” to determine vehicle speed at the time of the impact. i hope this girl gets hammered.

http://news.consumerreports.org/cars/2011/08/fatal-tragedy-highlights-dangers-of-inappropriate-driving-footwear-voorheesville-new-york-ny-toyota.html

I love reading stuff like this… People killed because of someone’s retardation and lack of common sense… Ugh.

Motion 1 to limit KrazyKid’s posts to 500 characters!

=)

http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S2237225.shtml?cat=300

Thank God. I’d like to see this lady hanged, both in court and literally.

I like that all the articles are starting to show a degree of skepticism. Now they are reporting that it was her husbands flip flop and they are trying to figure out if it was under the gas pedal and was jammed or she was looking for it and went out of control. Reports also say she was on xanax and hydrocodone. Fuckin’ people are incredible…

You guys can partially thank me and Jalopnik for this.

Jalopnik is a media conglomerate that’s watched by all major manufacturers including Toyota and their PR department. They made it seem like Toyota is partially to blame in their sensational journalism style so Toyota is up in arms to defend themselves.

Thanks to social media speed and our anger justice will be served.

And AFAIK it’s illegal to drive in flip flops anyway.

I can only pray they don’t blame drug companies or Toyota for her idiocy and disregard.

Onward to justice served!!!

I hope she gets fisted up her ass, right to the elbow. Three people are dead due to HER actions.

I was just telling my gf this and she was like “wtf didn’t she hit the brakes or throw it in neutral or park??”

This bitch better get jail time but I doubt she will.

they need to add a little part in the deffensive driving course, and call it " what to do when you gas peddel gets stuck" this shit is happening every day now. either that or everytime a crash happens people come out saying my gas peddel was stuck. im gona say that next time i get pulled over for speeding see if i get out of it.

That’s exactly what people are doing, it’s no coincidence she blamed it on a Toyota/pedal, easy excuse.

I dare you to make a pedal stick wide open with a flip flop.

Besides that she didn’t hit the brakes.

Can’t wait for Toyota to investigate and get data.

I’ve had a flip flop catch on the back of the brake pedal when going from the gas to the brake before, but then I just kept moving my foot over until the pedal was between the bottom of my foot and the sandal, and stopped like nothing happened.

Of course people are blaming their incompetance on stuck accelerators. With the media and public shitstorm that resulted from a lexus that was fitted with an incorrectly sized floor mat designed for a different vehicle accelerating out of control with the driver saying “jesus take the wheel” instead of grinding the car to a stop against the guard rail or throwing on the parking brake and taking their chances (or, you know, just stomping the brake pedal), suddenly not knowing how to operate your car became the manufacturer’s fault.

This graph that you posted a while back tells it all. Totally normal amount of compaints until the CHP lexus incident, then it skyrocketed. Did skynet decide at that point to signal all toyotas to go homocidal (including older models that had previously had no issues with this before that point), or did people just latch on to a convenient excuse out of trouble? It doesn’t take much knowledge of statistics to see what’s really going on.

I need to stop reading about the discussion of this issue for a little bit. Makes me kind of sick to think about it all. Maybe go play some violent computer games. I gotta chill out.

Well a flip flop behind a brake pedal may stop it from working.

A flip flop acting the same way on a gas pedal would stop it from working.

Guess what happens when you can’t PRESS the gas pedal.

Plus there are two feet to use. Even if your foot is jammed on a gas pedal somehow.

And yes the Toyota lawsuit was a sham.

And shame on you for driving in flip flops.

I drive in flipflops sometimes, but then again I’m not retarded and incapable.

And shame on you for speeding?

No reason to put shame on anyone for driving in flip flops, as long as they’re not on the feet of some 50+ year old woman on Xanax and hydrocodone.

I laughed.

I’m a lifeguard, so I end up wearing flip flops for most of the summer. Basically unless I’m doing walking a lot, hiking/biking/skateboarding, or going to the junkyard, I wear them for everything.

Then again my car is an automatic honda accord, and I drive it like a normal person when I’m wearing sandals. I’ve got some cross-trainers I wear for beating on it.

Nothing to do with legalities of it, just the fact that it’s a man going around in flip flops :rofl