Three dead after car hits group of people in Voorheesville

Proper footwear for lifeguarding.

Sorry, didn’t mean to Hassel the Hoff.

If you are ever at my pool, I can give you a couple minutes of drowning time to make fun of my sandals before I begin a rescue if you’d like :lol

Holy shit I need to get off the internet and go to sleep.

I’m wearing flip flops now! And to my undrstanding it is illegal to drive with them on. I usually take em off and throw em on the floor of the passenger seat. I prefer driving barefoot to anything else honestly.

i am not sure if its illegal to drive in flip flops, but i know from my days doing nothing all summer as a lifeguard that driving without any footwear is definetly illegal, even tho flip flops would clearly be more unsafe to me.

:rofl

Ill take that as a compliment.

My coworker just informed me that somewhere there was an update that she was wearing a cast and was on prescription Xanax and hydrocodone at the same time… yea, she really should have been driving… lol.

And if you do a quick search, it appears that although driving in flip-flops or even barefoot is frowned upon, it is not technically illegal. Although, that is just going by a Google search and a lack of any law that I could find stating either was illegal…

Everytime i see this thread title quick i think it says “jason vorhees kill 3 people”.

But then the title would be a lie. He killed a few more than that I think.

heard a blurb on teh news saying toyota is in town investigating…

WHAT? theyre gonna measure the flipflop?

Checking the data in the so-called “black box” for throttle position, brake, speed, etc. before and during the crash. Hopefully it’s enough to convict her…

The cast, xanax, and hydrocodone isn’t enough? The only thing wrong with toyotas is the types of people who tend to buy them.

It takes some force to depress a pedal. A flip flop weighs what? Two or three ounces tops? Even if you tried to jam the accelerator down with one, I doubt it has enough weight to overcome the return spring action of the pedal.

And any guy wearing flops when driving needs to have his man card revoked.

Word, I don’t even know how they are taking that part of the story seriously…

I’ve done plenty of spirited driving while wearing flip flops. No problems here.

According to the TU she’s lawyered up, managed to get up to 46mph, and never hit the brakes…

also what i heard.

this thing was trashed. we moved it to lia.

Any other follow ups on this?

That’s the update from just hours ago. She’s hired a team of lawyers to take her side as she is a dumb fuck. Some are saying she was on Oxy for a fuckin’ broken arm, either she’s the biggest pussy on earth or she’s a drug addict and has a moron for a doctor.

What ever, get the best lawyer you can find. The family’s of the 3 deceased will have 3 times the lawyers standing behind them.

This bitch’s lawyers cant possibly get her away scott free. Honestly, I have NOTHING to do with the situational, but you bet your left nutt I will be amongst the protesters on her front sidewalk telling her to rot in hell for the dumb life altering decisions she made.

$10 says you won’t be in front of her house protesting.

But, if you do, $10 says the sign you make will contain at least 12 times more wording than everyone else’s.

Also, WTF did you say for your first sentence of 2nd paragraph?