Throttle body problems SR

Ok. so my project of installing my sr in my s13 is coming along… i just have a few questions or concerns.

firstly when conecting my throttle cable i was wondering if it was proper for the throttle plate to remain slitely open i assumed it was for idle reason but then i thought and i realized the nipple on the intercooler piping was for idle. is it right or is there something wrong here?

secondly, again when conecting the cable to the body, i saw that the cable didnt run parallel with the cable groove on the throttle body. it was rubbing against a side and made a grinding sound when ever u stepped on the pedal. just wondering that mabe the something is bent or possibley during shipping the throttle body was damaged. any ideas?

thirdly, not dealing with throttle body but ignition. with my old stock iginition i could turn the car over with a knife, drive without a key and my stearing woudn’t lock when parked. so bought a 180sx ignition switch and was wondeirng if it would work with my 240. i know that the plastic surounding would probably have to be modified but wondeirng generaly if it would work?
let me know.
thanks

in regards to your throttle body problem, did u get to witness it in being used in another vehicle? if yes then yes the throttle body is pretty well pooched, unless you dont mind a high idleing motor:P is the throttle cable tight?is that whats causeing the porblem? or does it stay open even when the throttle cable is loose?

ok. the throttle cable is tight and holding it open. other wise without the cable it stays closed as it would normaly. and no i did not witness it b4.

EDIT - PICS

hmm what i can recommend, is go to some auto wrecker cut off a throttle cable off of any car(the spun wire that pullsthe throttle wheel back) cut that wire in half weld like…o say 2 inches of the cable u got from the wrecker in between the throttle cable…iunno im no mechanic yet:Pim just throwing out suggestions

================ ------------------- ====================
cable wrecker cable cable going into body
connected to
wheel

ok disregard that last post, trying to explain, didn’t work:P

ummm… ok… :huh

just ya, only thing i can suggest is weld another piece of cable to the existing throttle cable to make it a wee bit longer.but to long, and then it’ll be screwed haha. (and i believe it cant be attached to the end of the cable…only in the middle, cause that bead of sauder or metal or whatever it is will end up slipping off the throttle wheel

yah theres nothing wrong with the cable so im not even gonna be stupid and try that. any one else with help?

yes the 180 one will work, like u said ittl look like crap cause the plastice wont fit around it right, and i know that a lhd steering column is completley differnt from the rhd one so the plastice from a rhd one wont work either, but yes u will have a steering lock again, and the ignition swtich will fit roight into the steering lock without a problem. just make sure that the 180 sterring lock came with a calp too, cause the 240one will not work with the 180 one. the steering locks sit at a differnt angle on the column. the 240 one is like 90 degrees and the 180 is like 75 degrees.

yah i lined eveything up for the lock and it works… the only thing i really had a question about is the extra wires on the stock ignition. im guessin there not needed. who knows?

any one on the throttle body problem? im pretty sure thats not normal

the trottle plate will be open ever so slightly, i dont think as much as the pic shows. id try modifying the bracket that holds the cable to line the cable up better with the cable wheel, if at all possibel make a complet new one instead of modding ure so if it doesnt work or has ill affects u can switch back to the old one. ill go look in my SCC mags and try to find the issue with project silvia cause i think there was something on the throttle cables in there.

koo thanks!

K found it, heres the aritcle link

And heres what they say about the trottle cable. I am assuming this a RHD to LHD thing.

Dave Coleman says:

“Neither the U.S. nor the Japanese throttle cable is long enough to follow the stock routing, but the Japanese cable will stretch straight across the engine compartment. We also used the Japanese gas pedal, since it has a stiffer return spring and mounts a little closer to the brake for easier heel/toe downshifts”

I know there are places in Edmonton that u can get a custom length cable made. I dont know pricing though. If you want to go that route, and cant find anything on your own. Let me know and i will find out who my work uses. We have had to get custom, PTO and Winch operation cables made b4. Just remind me with a pm, so that i can get the company name for u the next day.

Hope this helps

Ya that TB is open too much. You can adjust its slightly. hard to tell whats really wrong just looking at the pics though.

If adjusting it does not work, take a hammer and bend the bracket down.

Also i am kind of concerned with the angle the cable goes to the throttle body. I would suggest just making a new bracket.

well the angle is one of my main concerns. i figured that if no one with an sr has ever had this problem during install then there must be something wrong. i figured it was bent during shipping but im not too sure. i assumed it would of been plug and play? guess not.

this is what i did, worked fine w/ ka24e cable

i never had the angle problem, but i just bent down the bracket to close the throttle body.

Just find a small piece or flat metal, move the bracket over and down a little. I have heard of this problem on Zilvia and freshalloy before and this is what they did to correct it

Example
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/84/bracketxz5.png