throttle body issues: need help

well , the other day I went to start one of my s13’s… But when it started the revs went ALL the way to redline so i shut it off right away.

I popped the hood , check out the throttle cable’s… noticed the cable on the right wasn’t hooked up anymore. I looked a little closer and noticed that it didnt break , it just got loose some how and came out… After fooling around with it I got it back in the position… Started the car, and everything was fine…

Until, the engine got up to normal tempatures… Thats when somehow the cable would slip out again…

I’m not too sure whats going on , but its pretty annoying… If anyone has a clue… please share… I’d love to have this fixxed before work on monday

Never heard of something like this happening before, bu the cable probably comes loose from engine vibrations.

On the SR there should be grey plastic clip that holds the cable in place on the TB ‘spindle’. I cannot remember what it was like on the KA, but there should be something similar.

If you do not have that clip, try ziptying it somehow.

Also make sure you adjust the length of the cable so that you do not have too much slack, or is too tight, holding the TB open. <-- I won’t name names, but a friend of mine thought the TB needed to be open on idle for the car to run, so he adjusted the cable too tight leaving a crack in the plate and then wondered why his car was idling at 2500…

Good luck.

well im not really sure how it would just come loose and start screwing up like that… Its been daily driven for the past 4 months…

When I’m home i’ll check out the under the hood of another s13 to see if it has the clip I need… if not the zipties wil be brought out.

until then . if anyone else has any input … dont hesitate