S14 throttle problem ? cant figure out for over a year.

just wondering if anyone knows what this might be, read the description carefully

engine: s14 ka24de 5spd, stock

This happens when cruising, irregularly happens at times. Say I am driving at a steady speed down a highway (cruising) and I see car far ahead and I let off the throttle to slow down gently, the moment I touch the throttle even a ‘mm’ to continue cruising, there is a second delay and the car ‘jerks’ forward, as if you dumped the clutch too quick when shifting prior to continuing acceleration. Im not stomping on the pedal either. A good way to word this is just as your keeping your speed on the highway your constantly adding/reducing throttle, and everytime you increase by even a slight bit, it delays for a second and jerks forward prior to accelerating. Now this is very irregular, usually not at warmup but rather after a bit of driving.

I’ve done the following:

1. changed spark plugs 4 times
  2. changed dizzy cap and rotor
  3. did ignition timing properly
  4. inspected driveshaft ujoint
  5. changed fuel pump

What else can this be ? I’ve taken the car to a shop but can never get the problem to appear when the mechanics test drive it.

Could this be a sticky throttle cable ?

u check the positon/ adjuster screw for the throttle body?

my q45 throttle body had the same problem
it comes bak everynow and then and just have to adjust it

Like mikey said, I’d start at the Tb, check the adjuster screw and cable througly, make sure theres no slack or stickiness. Give it a good cleaning of all build up and shit while your at it. Also I dont know if this could be it but it might be worth to throw some injector cleaner in incase there somekind of buildup.

Do you have any idle dipping problems?? The only other think I can think of is maybe the IAVC is getting stuck.

Good luck.

throttle position sensor?

Sounds like a sticky throttle body. I would start by taking it off and cleaning it with a bunch of brake cleaner. I have a similar problem with an old KA where the throttle would stick and then the car would jump forward. I had to replace the entire tb. Start by cleaning yours though and as mentioned ensure the TPS is in the right position.

Its just probably carbon build-up around the throttle plate. just do a TB service. When cleaning the TB, clean the plate, with brake cleaner & a toothbrush. then spray into the breather hole and clean the IAC motor, then it back together and turn on the car and spray gentlely into the TB. dont spray in large shots, cuz the SES light well go on, most common code would be multiple cylinder misfire. after ur done, drive the car around a block to get rid of the cleaner still stuck in the chambers.