Thumbs up to Ford [First Profits Since '08]

Why, the auto execs flew to Washington on private jets costing way more than $4000 to beg for bailout money?

Ford just needs to be clear to the unions that regardless of this quarter’s profit the long term outlook for the company is heavily tied to controlling costs.

And how did that go over?
They kicked them out and said try again.
They then drove from Detroit to DC.

Then they sold the private planes and one of them got fired for being arrogant.

But yeah that worked well.

I bet you $5 Ford has the last laugh. Like when they go bankrupt because the UAW refused to agree to reasonable wages and there no government bailout to save all their jobs and pensions. But yeah, might as well bleed those corporate bastards dry while you still can right?

You can see the union mentality right in this thread. “Oooh, there’s a profit, we’re entitled to it”. Not lets put it toward R&D, better materials, better quality control… nope, just, “Good luck getting any concessions now because the union smells profit”.

Well they will just move production to CAN or Mexico.
I heard that they are now considering moving the Global Focus platform that was scheduled for production in Michigan to be redirected to Canada.

I think the Fiesta and Fusion are currently built in Mexico.

^ and guess what, Mexican plants aren’t UAW, so they’ll be out of jobs, problem solved on Ford’s end. So how is this helping your case that the UAW is entitled to more money?

Where was that my case?
I just said Ford was going to have a hard time getting concessions, I did not say I don’t think they should get them.

http://blog.chrisballance.com/content/binary/Random%20235.jpg