Time Warner Center Ice Package

Anybody on here purchase the center ice package?

I just called time warner to ask some questions and they cant tell me anything useful.

Thanks

what do you want to know that you cant find out online?

yea… im not sure what you are missing

if your going to do center ice, get direct tv… much more HD on there for center ice

1. price
  2. what feed do you get? Buffalo w/rick jeanneret?
  3. Pre Season?
  4. All sabres games or just whatever they are carrying that week?

you get all sabres games no matter what… you get the local feed… the non local feed is actually blacked out…

preseason games are mostly not televied… even pre season home games… you do get them, but only if they are televisied

I live in North Carolina so I do not get any local feed besides the cane’s ugh…

So my question is what feed would I get and would I get ALL sabres games?

You’ll get whatever the local feed is (so, if the Sabres are in Ottawa, you’ll get the Sen’s announcers and TV feed, replete with local commercials and intermissions; if it’s a Buffalo game you’ll have all the RJ and Paul William Beltz ads you can handle) but occasionally they’ll switch it up for no apparent reason.

Make sure you have VS. as part of your package, I was told it’s part of a sports pack divorced from the Center Ice - one angry 20-minute call in the middle of a game changed that for me :slight_smile:

And yes - if it’s not on VS. or NBC (All-Star, playoffs), you’ll have all the games. :tup:

thanks that’s what i was looking for… any idea on price? I know it will vary by the market you are in but I am just wondering what it cost’s. Time Warner has no prices for this coming season yet.

Really? That sucks. With Direct TV 95% of the time you get both feeds for the same game, the home team’s feed on 1 channel and away team’s feed on another.

I don’t know how the other companies do it but with Dish Network you get both feeds. So for you if you are in NC and the Sabres are playing at home versus Ottawa, you would get the Sabres feed and the Ottawa feed.

If the other companies aren’t like that, well, then that sucks!

EDIT: I stand corrected. I guess DTV does it as well!

Sounds like the dish has the better deal for center ice pack.

I just hate how they put MSG and Versus on the premium sports pack, with a bunch of other bullshit channels that you don’t want.