Dish Network and HD Hockey

i noticed an ass load of HD hockey channels now, as well as what i think is college fagball channels.

anywho, i wasn’t home over the weekend and was wondering if the sabres game was on one of these, or if we got hosed

No.

thats lame

Hosed it is. I’m going to call Intertech today and see if they have any news about it. I’m sure they’re getting lots of calls now that Time Warner is carrying the Sabres home games in HD. I don’t even care if I have to buy the center ice package just to get the Sabres HD feed. I’d much rather do that than have to switch back to TW’s shitty service.

bah, fuck it. ive had TW and now dish and im getting sick of shelling out more money for addition channels. Right now im thinking money in my pocket> dish/cable rigth now.:frowning:

[quote=“JayS,post:4,topic:36621"”]

Hosed it is. I’m going to call Intertech today and see if they have any news about it. I’m sure they’re getting lots of calls now that Time Warner is carrying the Sabres home games in HD. I don’t even care if I have to buy the center ice package just to get the Sabres HD feed. I’d much rather do that than have to switch back to TW’s shitty service.

[/quote]

i dont think you have to buy the center ice pakage. it just seems to come with the standard HD package.
i didnt sign up for it, and i was watching the san jose/colorado game last night on one of the center ice hd channels

[quote=“Zer0DazE,post:6,topic:36621"”]

i dont think you have to buy the center ice pakage. it just seems to come with the standard HD package.
i didnt sign up for it, and i was watching the san jose/colorado game last night on one of the center ice hd channels

[/quote]

Most of the HD games are part of the Center Ice Free Preview week.

oh, its free preview week.

fuck.

i was all excited thinking it was just included. i should have known better.

Center ice is just three easy payments of $49 away! I think that Free Preview hooked me. I need it!!

From what I’ve been told, Dish is in negotiations to get the HD feeds of the home games. Away games, I’m not sure. I think it depends on where they play. Obviously Nassau Coliseum probably is using cameras from the 70’s so that wouldn’t have been HD anyway.

I’ve really been contemplating center ice…

With center ice, are games blacked out when its on local MSG or Vs., Or can you watch it on MSG and the Center Ice channel? How does that work?

[quote=“Carbonfiberhooded,post:9,topic:36621"”]

Center ice is just three easy payments of $49 away! I think that Free Preview hooked me. I need it!!

From what I’ve been told, Dish is in negotiations to get the HD feeds of the home games. Away games, I’m not sure. I think it depends on where they play. Obviously Nassau Coliseum probably is using cameras from the 70’s so that wouldn’t have been HD anyway.

[/quote]

I heard that the home games are in HD, and most away games are not in HD.

[quote=“Jagermeister,post:10,topic:36621"”]

With center ice, are games blacked out when its on local MSG or Vs., Or can you watch it on MSG and the Center Ice channel? How does that work?

[/quote]

if you get center ice, im coming over

[quote=“Zer0DazE,post:12,topic:36621"”]

if you get center ice, im coming over

[/quote]

Maybe I won’t then.

yeah, i don’t really like me either
if i didn’t buy me beer, i wouldn’t hang out with me

[quote=“Jagermeister,post:10,topic:36621"”]

[/quote]

I don’t know. I will find out soon though. I just ordered it!

^ Please remember to update…

Or get an answer at work or something…

Cause I’ll gladly eat $1.83 / game.

And, would you wanna come re-aim my dish for me? $20? Roofers…

Yeah, I can do that. PM me your addy and number again.

From what I’ve been told, the Sabres games are blacked out from the Center Ice package when they play. Kinda sucks, especially if we play (for example) in Tampa, who has a home HD feed. Even though there is one, we’ll be stuck watching SD. Boooo!

Thanks for the update.

I must say this though. Center Ice is worth every penny. I’m having problems trying to decide which game to watch. I think I need more TVs or something!!