Time Warner to begin charging monthly fees to use their modems

The tech gets paid to go out there, SO HE COULD CARE LESS. Also, I doubt you’re ability to orchestrate(sp?) a nation wide movement for people to cheap and reasonable to buy their own modems. God speed sir! :number1

Great point. I didnt think of that. So if I was a tech, or group of techs, I would be spreading the word of Mike Woods awesome plan to get over on TWC and call in shit load of easy ass service calls!!! :rofl

and I am not pitching that we buy modems, only that we do like you said, and pay the meniscal $4 a month and “use” said leased equipment AND SERVICES as much as you can.

“I dont know this modem I pay $4 a mo for stopped working again, come fix it.”

Lot of work to save $25 by buying your own. I want control of my own network security and how well that signal gets to my computers and such anyway. But I guess some sort of nationwide movement would make TWC stop doing it. It only took stupid amount of complaints, calls, and two years to get the NFL Network on TWC. I mean they seem reasonable enough.

:rofl

thats the idea!

http://www.jamesaltucher.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Gandhi-d.jpg

Not at all the reason why TWC recently signed with the NFL. The reason is $$$$$$$, the contract was too expensive for TWC to offer its customers.

So what channel is the NFL network? lol

richest mother fucker i know, bitching about 4 bucks a month…

No. If your scumbag neighbor doesn’t return the modem, they are billed for the cost of the device. Settle down.

Tis how the rich get richer…

Bingo.

Having money doesn’t automatically mean you can’t complain about paying for something. $4 is $4, x12 = $48/year on top of the leasing fees for the digital cable boxes/remotes.

From what I have read though, switching to one of those Motorola modems is easy, and will save money or time of course. Also, the internet speeds are a lot more consistent than with the shit-ass modems TWC gives. It might not have those high peak speeds (that occur maybe once day), but it also won’t go lower like their modems do. Most report of 20mbps download all the time, whereas with the TWC they’re usually at 10-12mbps download and can peak in the low 20s.

so now your admitting to being the richest guy i know?

Hell no. You just like to give me that title.

lol you know it.

FYI…didn’t read whole thread, but if you have their Extreme service…you CAN NOT get your own DOCSIS 3.0 modem. They can NOT put in on your account. And the models they support are crap last I knew.

Ask me how I know. Guess I’m forced to pay the fee. If FiOS was available, I’d be on it tomorrow.

I hate TWC. Service sucks cocks. My sister has been waiting a month for them to hook it up in her new house. She just went with satellite (DISh, Direct TV) no clue which one. My internet drops, my service blows and its 200+ bucks a month for TV, internet and cable? Da fuck?

My Internet has been terrible as of late. Might be time for a new modem!

If fios was available I’d switch in a heart beat.

Any other options in the Rotterdam area?

Just a heads up, my dad got Fios and his first regular bill was significantly higher than they originally quoted him. Lemme know if they try it with you…

“As we continue to deploy more and more cable modems, many of these modems need servicing or replacing, get damaged and some are not returned,” said Plucknette-Farmen. “The monthly lease charge will allow us to service or replace the equipment, provide a better user experience and further enhance our Internet services.”

either way you slice it some dickhead isnt doing their job, so we have to pay for it. Job as in; make a decent device, deploy a decent device correctly, service said devices correctly, replace them correctly, and return them correctly.

I know I didnt do a fucking thing towards my internet service. They did all thw work, and I dont touch the device. So I cant be blaimed for a damn thing he mentioned above (reasons for the price hike). Thats all the justification I need to be pissed at being screwed over.

You’re not being screwed over, they are giving you a choice and you’re simply bitching about it.

wait.

is twc buying it for me???

nope.

I AM BEING FORCED by someone to make a monitary decission in my household. Either pay a bit every month, or a small in my eyes, but not so small in someother peoples eyes one lump sum to get my own personal modem. how is that not being screwed?

How about this… Mistubishi is going to charge all their car owners $40 a month becasue yoru using their radios they installed in the car. But hey you can go buy a $200 alpine unit and be ahead of that curve in 5 months.