Timing belt tensioner problems

As mentioned before in what I assume was the wrong part of the board… Im doing a timing belt on a 99 neon( Engine code C)SOHC motor. The tensioner that I removed from the car is as you would expect a flat wide pulley with an eccentric spring loaded mechanism in the middle. The problem is that all I can find around here(west seneca) is a flat wide pulley with a hole smack dab in the center. The eccentric mechanism does not come out of the puley and cant be transfered to the new (hole in the center) puley. Man i need help. i cant find the pulley or part number for a new pulley anywhere.

Did you try rockauto.com? I’ve always had very good luck finding parts on there for good prices.

I’ve changed a timing belt on my 96 sohc neon. Altho I’m not quite sure on which part your talking about. If you cant get the part you need at advance, autozone or car quest then go to the dealer. I think they changed the tensioner to a better set up… so maybe thats what you are getting.

word to the wise always buy timing belt tensioners and fuel injectors from the dealer. make sure u change the water pump to or is it dohc the water pump runs off the timing belt

Oh man its BS. the dealer wants 470 for the timing tensioner…Thats $470.00 dollars. Shity! I can get like 3 used motors from M&M for that price.

Go to a different dealer. Or better yet, go on a Neon board, find out where everyone gets their OEM discount parts from, and get them there. Or better yet, call a local forum sponsor, they may be able to get OEM for you?