tire pressure: does this exist?

[quote=“Fry,post:22,topic:37259"”]

The first post was a very nice description of a pressure relief valve. A spring holding a valve shut, with an adjustment screw setting the “x” part of your F=kx equation, where F is proportional to the amout of pressure required to move the spring and thus open the valve. There’s a million of them all over the oxygen plant that I’m wasting half my October at, but that’s neither here nor there.

But yeah as Newman pointed out before this got out of hand, in addition to thermal expansion, tires see lots of pressure spikes that would get relieved through the valve and you would wind up with 4 flat tires.

[/quote]

right just a simple example would be under hard braking, the weight of the front end of the car would be “heavier”… exerting more force on the front tires, increasing the pressure in them (assuming the volume of the tire doesnt increase), :smiley: pretty much common sense, im not an engineer cough fry, so excuse my horrible physics terms, lol, but i learned that stuff on my way to doctor school…

edit: but no seriously can an engineer or someone more inclined than i, explain if my logic is off? im just spitballing, also the valving wouldnt work because on the straights as you pick up speed the downforce on your car increases if you have a wing/undertray or such, which would result in purging of the tires, then when you slow down to a hairpin or something you have flat tires, lol