nitrogen filling

does anyone know a place that can fill your tires with nitrogen in the monroeville area or not too far away from there?

you dont happen to have a sticker on the rear bumper of your car and were driving on 376 last night?

I think the only benefit you would get would be better air retention (I question the better tread life, since I think it’s probably mostly air pressure based). Probably be better off just checking your pressure regularly.

I know I didn’t answer your question, but it’s something to consider, unless you have another reason for going that route.

Propane is better in your tires. Way superior to nitrogen. Methane is okay too.

i put gasoline in my tires

i put gasoline in my tires

Excellent idea! I’ll have to try this.

nope not me i have no stickers on my car

well i do check them regularly now but its such a pain to have to do all the time and since i have to do it on 3 cars it gets old i was hoping to get a nitro fill and not have to worry about it for a while

yea, I hear ya. The total of like 28 seconds to check the tire pressure in all 3 cars is pretty much unbearable. /sarcasm

no its not the fact of pulling out my pressure gauge thats un bearable its the fact that i have to drive each car to the gas station 10 minutes away to fill them up and the place isnt lit well which sux since i have to usually do it at night when i have time

I would buy a cheap hand/foot air pump to keep in the trunk regardless.

Only place I saw was Andretti Toyota in Moon.

thanks, i saw them too i was hoping i would have that much of a drive to do it on since i wanted to get the mustang cobalt and grand am all done with it and thats a bit over an hour drive out there, also im not sure what kind of pump you are talking about, like a bike pump? i have one but i dont think it would work on cars, is there like a special car hand pump you are talking about? where would i get one at?

:rofl: :rofl:

your car doesnt have airplane tires

Costco Tire Center in Cranberry.

im aware that airplanes are the main users of this but it would be nice to not have to fill up my tires every 3 weeks with all the flucuating temps we have been having

that may be a little closer ill have to check them out and see if the price is cool or if its outrageous then ill just forget it

Go buy some summer air from pepboys

If you are filling your tires every 3 weeks, you have more issues than weather fluctuation.

Nitro fill, christ :rolleyes:

You understand it fluctuates as you drive and the tires heat up right? Thats why you are to check them while they are cold.

i wish i could, im sick of the winter, id like to move to either north or south carolina but my wife and daughter want to stay here so i have to cope with it

i know that it changes with heat from the tires rolling but i thought that it would only be a minimal change, but some of the times i can tell just by looking at them that they need air, the grand am is the one i have to do mostly it could be the aftermarket rims and tires but even on the cobalt stockers its still going down anywhere from 5 to 10 psi