So what’s the deal.

It is said that putting Nitrogen into you tires will:
-Give more consistent pressure all around
-Reduced wheel corrosion
-Cooler running tires
-Increased tread life
-Increased fuel mileage
-Prevents uneven wear

They charge per tire to have them filled with it… but isn’t the air we breathe something like 85% Nitrogen, anyway?

Has anyone done this, and has it justified the price? Because I don’t see how it can do all the stuff it claims it can, other than reduced oxidation maybe. I’m going to go with waste of money until proven otherwise.

i work at a tire shop where they try to get everyone to use it we change 5.99 per tire. dont waste your time its stupid and useless it does nothing doesnt help anything.

would u happen to work at highland tire?

yes i would and yes it sucks

yea well they bent a brand new wheel of mine and tried to say it came like that./lol. Then the tire pressure was way off and the front wheels werent balanced correctly. I hope u do better work than the guy who worked on my wheels.haha

I just got the e-mail from them about the Nitrogen. That’s what made me want to ask.

http://www.getnitrogen.org/

pointless

If it was free, I’d give it a shot I guess. Until then, no thanks.

I’m going to make filling tires with Helium the next big thing.

If I can catch and pressurize my farts, I’m going to fill my tires with that and see what happens.

I use winter air with slime.

Nitrogen is pointless unless you plan on drive at over 30,000 feet

Hydrogen is even lighter. Prove it helps gas mileage and sell it on teh intarweb.

0.07 mpg improvement is still improvement…right?

ya i do do a better job if you go there just ask for me to work on it i do good…just say i wnat that fool anthony to work on it and its a done deal i take my time

I think this is a better idea than Nitrogen. Good luck devising a way to catch them. Farts are evasive little bastards.

I did hear that nitrogen is better for high speed driving (150+ mph), keeps the tires cooler longer & more accurate pressure readings. Since nobody on here drives that fast for any long periods of time, it sounds useless for a street car.

why doesnt nascar use it???

Because they are race cars that go 200mph. Not to go get groceries.

The nitro has less pressure build up as temperatures go up then regular air does.

After working on a bonneville bound cobra mustang, I was fortunate enough to learn what good year has to say about nitrogen. The only substantial benefit is the lack of moisture. Which the same would be true for an air compressor with proper line dryers. There is where the consistency lay.

hahaha im guessing they have another satisfied customer lol they suck ass

I agree it was a horrible experience. I’m pretty laid back so for me to be somewhere screaming at the top of my lungs and fighting back and forth with another man was just insane. Like the rim just came out of the box 100% perfect,all of of a sudden “oh your wheels is bent did u get it like this”??:rant: lol