Tire question

I need a new front tire as it’s there is almost no tread left. The back one is still fine. Is it ok to go to the Yamaha dealer and just grab another Dunlop D208 for the front or should the back be replaced too? Not sure if a new and old tire on the same bike is dangerous or not.

Sounds like you’d pay too much by going to the dealer to buy a tire.

If you’re replacing rubber, may as well get something good. Replace both with some 2CT’s and feel what a difference good rubber makes :tup:

Edit: To answer your question, you COULD replace one at a time, but I’d take this opportunity to upgrade both.

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?220903-Looking-for-Pilot-Power-2CT

The OEM ones aren’t bad but two matching new tires for $250 seems like a decent deal since some local places want $150+ for the front one alone.

What would these do for a basic rider? The OEM ones aren’t bad and grip for what the extent of leaning I do.

Confidence. The PP will turn in so much easier it’s unbelievable. Not to mention shorter stopping distances making you safer.

Please do yourself a favor and go with pilot powers, preferably the 2CT. No matter what your level of riding it will make SUCH a difference.

Ordered the 2CTs today. I called Weaver and they don’t make the Dunlop 208s that are on my bike anymore and wanted almost $250 for just the front and mount it so I just ordered two new PPs today.

Anyone know a good place to have them put on and balanced next week?

Srsly FUCK Bob Weavers, I hate that place.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Get Joe’s number from Tim. He’ll mount and balance them for ya

i really love mine. although i do not drive like a retard if it happens to be rainy out, they also seem like pretty good tires for wet. i havent slipped/lost traction at all yet (knocks on wood) watch me dump it next time it rains lol

2CT’s are definitely confidence inspiring tires, they grip really really well. PowerPure’s are better but might be overkill for most street riders.

Bryan if you need someone good to put on the tires let me know. He charges $20/wheel to mount and balance off the bike. If you need any help let me know.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showpost.php?p=2649804&postcount=25

but I am biased.

Sweet. I’ll text you this week for his number. They should be here by Wednesday but not sure with the holiday. My front is pretty much gone so will need to get these on ASAP when they arrive.

Holy shit these tires are awesome.