Help with bike tires.

I need 2 new tire for a 2000 R1.

My last two sets were Metzeler Sportec M1. They perform very well but only last about a season so I am looking for tires that last a lil longer?

190/50

Any ideas?

Pilot Powers are a great street tire if you are concerned with traction.

Sport Bike tires aren’t designed to last, they are designed to grip. If you want your tires to last longer, how about not owning an R1?

That said, the Pilot Power 2CT is a great street tire. However, it will still be low on life.

So far so good. :tup:

If you like to do some aggressive riding, stick with the 2CT’s. I just got them and love them. They do cost a little more than the regular pilot powers however, but people swear by them.

damn it, double postified.

agree with everything said so far

i have the regular PP on my gsxr now and i like them alot, handles great on the srteet and track… I just ordered my 2ct and they just got to my house I paid about 270 shipped to my house! Im looking at them in my living room as I type.

I think im going to put them on during the week. Alot of guys on here just got 2ct tires

I agree PP’s or even better 2ct’s.

Or even better some 209gp takeoffs from wnysportriders for $125. No complaints with those.

i’ve heard good things about Pirelli Diablo Corsa II’s, but like stated above, If you’re looking for more mileage out of a tire, you’re better off with a less aggressive motorcycle

pirelli supercorsas are my preference. dunlops have too many issues.

if you need someone to mount them, i know someone who does it on the cheap. works for Dunlop and tours with the AMA dunlop team, lives just outside of bufflao

I was gonna bring to lock city cycle. He will charge about 50 for both. What does you guy do it for?

If Dre is talking about who i think he is, i believe he charges 20$ a wheel, off the bike. He did my tires, he did a great job and was really fast.

AMEN

I need to find a hook up on mounting and balancing… This is getting expensive lol…

BTW i go through atleast 2-3 sets of tires a season, and this is not including track days… if you get only a season out of them then you are not riding enough. /story

willy IM me next time your on

The Pilot Power will always be better than a 209gp on the street. The only exception would be if you are at Deal’s Gap. I never made it to the track last year, so I’m still running my Power Race tires, and they suck on the street. I have absolutely no confidence, all they do is slip and push in the smallest of corners. You can’t get enough heat into a race tire while riding on the street. It is kind of like riding on ice until they get up to temperature.

You werent on :frowning: lol

PP’s were good to, I never out-rode either tire, and neither have my friends, PP’s even last a little longer.

But like I said beat the price for a set of takeoffs. The guy wants a tire that last longer…There really isn’t one. So why not slash the price in half instead…I was always 100% confident with 209gp’s, cold warm dry or wet street track. I recommend them to anyone. Hopefully soon I’ll need some for myself :(.

just got pp 2ct’s incredable love them sososo much.

I’m going with the 2ct’s. Just ordered em. Thanks guys.