Tire Size Help Please

Ok, well as you may have seen in my build thread I have adjusted the height of my car kind of low. I need new tires this year and I’m going to need a little stretch. Not much just a mild stretch. I currently am running 265/35/18’s on a 18X8.5 wheel all around as pictured here:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s107/boostinspyder/0217000252.jpg
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s107/boostinspyder/0217000320.jpg

Now I kind of want to bump it up to a 40 sidewall. Those 35’s look like they have a little stretch but aren’t 265’s kind of wide for 8.5s? Maybe they just look stretched because of the lack of sidewall? Idk, this is why I’ve made this thread lol.

So I’m looking for a ???/40/18 tire to go on a 8.5 wide wheel with a little stretch. Any help would be great, thanks,

What kind of tires are you looking at some run wider then others.

Yeah that is funny the 265 looks a lil stretched on the 8.5. I have 275’s on 9" wide and they do not look stretched at all. Are you looking to stay the same diameter?

Not sure what kind of tire I want. Basically I’m hoping that you guys can help me decide that too lol. Basically anything that will fit on a 18x8.5 with 40 sidewall that will have a little stretch.

Man I feel like a sound stupid right now. I am far from a tire guru lol sorry

For cheap decent street tires I always use dz101’s I have ran great times at both the drag strip and road racing on them. I <3 them

Then from there all my experience is in drag radials and slicks really. I have had other street tires that i would not buy again. Azenis and MX’s I was not happy with.

Thanks! I’m mainly looking for just a decent street tire really so I’ll check out the dz101’s.

Anyone else?

run federal s595!!
Azenis are 80$ rebate right now til april first

i have 245/40/17s on an 8 inch rim, they should give u stretch with 8.5

azenis in that size would be 536$
the federals would be 383$

I want to try out the hankook ventus evo v12 tires, but i still have over a year left on my proxes

Ill check into those too, thanks

federals stretch really nice.