tire stretch question

okay, so right now i have 17x8.5 sl (replica) wheels, with 245/45 cooper zeon tires. i want to get these 17x9.5 mb battles /////

17 Matte Bronze MB Battle Wheels Rims 5x114.3 5 Lug - eBay (item 110680320011 end time May-02-11 15:54:05 PDT)

my question is, will these tires be okay to stretch? i figure its only half an inch on each side, and they already have some serious sidewalls, but im not sure (i dont know too much about tire fitment, etc.) i’ve seen tires stretched wayyy too far before, so to me this doesnt seem like a big deal (just wanna get an okay from a few people haha)… here’s how it sits now, but dont worry i ordered some meghan lowering springs (2.5in drop) on friday, so this will be a sweet looking setup if i go through with it. any input would be great! thanks!

^^^ sorry i forget to resize them

also, i’ll post an update in my bmw thread soon! i’ve been super busy finishing up my senior year, so i haven’t had too much time.

don’t know how stiff the wall are, but on my slicks i have streched them out as far as using an 11" rim on a 9" tire with no problems. should be ok with one 1" diff

You’ll be fine. That will be a superrr mild stretch to almost no stretch.

Be a boss and run 17x10s with 235/40s and coilovers.

you will be fine people usually run 215/40s on those when they are stretching a tire.

cool i thought so! i had some guy on 3si warn me like “ohhh no no no! i use a 265, but i wish i went 275”, but his tires looked wayyy more stretched than mine even will. i think im gonna buy em (but i’ll wait until i see how it looks with the lowering springs). thanks for the input!

i run a 215 on a 9.5" wheel and a 205 on an 8.5

265s and 275s will give u no stretch. people that don’t like stretch always will give you recomendations without stretch cause people don’t actually pay attention to questions.

It’s a mild stretch

Here’s a pic of 235/40-17 on my 17x9.5 (front wheels).
http://kloptech.com/hosting/240sx/2010rebuild/needsworklol.jpg

Yours will have quite a bit less stretch than that.

Ahhh that 240 looks sick! Haha thanks again! I’m a broke ass 18 year old senior though, but I have enough for the battles, and hopefully I’ll make some money back off the sale of my wheels

soooo why are you stretching them? I see a 5" wheel gap, before they would even think about hitting the fenders.

Battles are sick looking wheels, I almost bought a set a couple years ago.

edit I see some spriengzzzz on stock dampers so wheel gap will still be about 2-3 inches. I wont even go there about blowing the valves out of the struts in 3000 miles… this is a tire thread.

Stretched tire fad is for tuckign tires up in rolled fenders, becasue the fitment is sooo close to hitting the inside of the fenders.

moral of the story, put a normal tire on it… its not a VW.

I bought lowering springs that should be here early this week. Should have read my first post lol it should sit very close to the fenders, and I have to stretch bc I can’t afford new tires too haha

Dude you are being over the top, kid just wants to reuse tires he has mounted on other wheels :lol

Chilaxe breeehh :rofl

I did see my edit.

loosing 2.5" from a 5" gap will still have you 3" clearance.

reuse tires… i missed that i guess.:banghead

haha thank you!

no worries! and its not a 5 inch gap. the back end of my car does look completely ridiculous, but it should sit nicer than 3 inches (i hope! or i probably won’t get the battles until i can afford coilovers too)

Get coilovers first and then PM me and I’ll find you much doper wheels than battles for cheaper.